Ch. 3

Caius and Marcus were livid as Aro recanted what he had witnessed. Caius had always had a murderous mind, his beast occasionally making an appearance, but Marcus' beast had been dormant for so long. It was just itching to destroy the lowlifes their mate had been raised with. Aro sat with his fingers pressed into his eyes, trying to calm himself. Marcus sat upon his throne, his fingers grasping the arms, nearly cracking them. Caius was pacing back and forth, mumbling in Italian. They froze as they heard her voice coming closer.

"I still don't understand the difference between the two." Felix said. "Besides their hair, they acted the same."

"Val and Connie are both... stuck up? They've been that way for years. The only real differences in their personality was Val's passion was makeup and Connie's was music. Granted, Connie couldn't play any instrument to save her life." She laughed, calming the three vampire kings. "I remember sitting in the

living room being forced to listen to her attempt to play the piano. The piano wasn't tuned and she couldn't even play a simple song. Highly annoying."

"We are here, miss." Demetri said as he and Felix opened the door.

They bowed as Jane held onto Candace's hand, leading her into the masters' throne room.

"Ah, finalmente.(finally) My name is Aro, dear one." Aro smiled.

The young woman smiled. "Hello."

"Mio caro. E 'così bello incontrare finalmente.(My dear. It is finally nice to meet you.)" he wanted to reach out and touch her, but he was weary of his gift since she didn't know about it, yet.

"E 'bello vedere anche voi, beh ... ti sento comunque ..."(It's nice to see you too, well... hear you.) she laughed.

When she spoke in Italian, the kings, as well as the guards stood in shock.

"I can tell from the silence, no one was expecting me to know Italian. Just because I am blind doesn't mean I haven't studied different languages. A lot of books come in braille and when you have nothing else to do... you study languages. Plus my grandma bought this... translating software for the computer that I can listen to and repeat it."

"Stupefacente." Aro was proud.

"What other languages do you know?" Caius chuckled when she jumped, figuring Aro was the only one. "Sorry, darling, my name is Caius. Forgive me for startling you."

"It's alright. I didn't know there were more in here. They had mentioned 'masters', but I didn't hear anyone else when I came in."

"Besides my brother, Caius, there is also our silent brother here, Marcus."

"Hello, Marcus."

His lips curled up into a smile. "Hello, piccolo."

"And to answer your question, Caius, I also know French, German, Spanish, Greek, Roman, and a bit of Celtic, but I'm making progress." She giggled. "Anyways, Jane informed me you wanted to speak to me? Which is why we took that little adventure into the garden."

"Yes, we did-"

"You're not human... Are you?" She randomly asked and the room once again went silent.

Not one vampire spoke. Not one moved. No one knew what to do or say.

"Before anyone says anything, I guessed. I didn't even realize Alec, Felix and Demetri were behind Jane and I until I heard faint footsteps. They didn't make any sound and normally I can hear someone breathing. Another thing is Jane's hands are like ice, when it is warm outside. And... I smell a faint smell of... blood?" She waited a moment before going on. "Vampires? Right?"