Chapter Eight

L A N D O N

I waited in the bedroom patiently for Rogan, there were sightings of rogues north of Roland's border. I shiver in fear remembering that rogue who attacked us, Rogan seemed so distracted he looked like something is bothering him. After last incident, he completely ignored what happened, not even giving me an explanation. I don't mind though, I don't want to talk about it either and also don't want to be a burden so I decided it's best to keep my mouth shut.

"You should eat your dinner" said Mary.

"I-I am waiting for Rogan and you should be in bed, you still haven't recovered" I replied. I took the plate of food out of her hands and quickly placed on the bed side table. I helped her sit and make sure she's comfortable.

"I found out this morning that I lost my pup, after all the stress trying for a baby and the rogues I didn't think I could of gotten pregnant and lose my pup so soon" she says. I gasped in shock, I held her hand as she squeezed it tight. Tears roll down her cheek, she looked away quickly wiping the tears.

"I-I am so sorry" I said. She smiled.

"It wasn't your fault, I cried but I already gotten over it. I knew my pup is with the moon goddess and I know she'll look after my pup until it's my time" she replied  

"H-How's Joseph?" I asked. I questioned whether I should of asked her.

"He says he's okay but he isn't, it affected the both of us and we handle it differently" she says. I nodded, I remained silent not wanting to push her. After all that crying Mary fell asleep, I gently laid her down putting the blanket over her body, I'm sure Rogan won't mind Mary borrowing our bed for a few hours.

I walked out of the room and closed the door, I wanted to be alone for a while so I walked outside to get some fresh air. This is why many called omega's a curse, they either bring happiness or danger, mother use to tell me that being an omega is special, it's a gift from the Moon Goddess her self. I would always believe her and try to accept myself for who I am but my parents died because of me. My pack died because of me, Mary got injured because of me and now her pup is dead because of me. I start to question whether being an omega is a good thing.

Did the Moon Goddess made a mistake?

I didn't understand why my parents isolate me.

I didn't understand why rogues are after me.

I didn't understand anything and neither my parents or Rogan won't tell me. They tell me it's for my own safety but I hated seeing those I care about injured because of me. I shiver feeling a strong presence behind me, I felt my wolf's joy sensing the alpha rogue.

"What are you doing outside alone? Did I tell you it's dangerous and you shouldn't be outside in the first place" said Rogan. I turned around, I jumped wrapping my legs around his waist and kissed his soft lips.

"R-Rogan" I moaned. I felt needy wanting to feel his touch, I didn't question it though I just wanted to feel him. His hands grip my ass holding me in place, I knew he's hiding something from me and I wanted to know why.

"You okay?" he asked as he pulled away. I looked away, this isn't who I am, I wouldn't throw myself at him. Gently he set my feet onto the ground, I wanted to know why I feel safe and happy when I am around the rogue. It didn't make sense to me, we barely knew each other and yet when I first saw him I knew I could trust him.

"What's is a mate?" I asked. I looked away staring at the beautiful view, the silence is killing me and I needed to know his answer.

"Let's go inside, you should rest" he replies. He turned walking inside, I felt anger build within so I followed the rogue demanding an answer.

"Why won't you tell me? I feel so stupid not knowing what you all are talking about, I deserve to know what a mate really means? I deserve to know why I feel so different when I am around you, I deserve to know why I can trust you" I yelled. My sudden outburst took him by surprise, he turned around staring at me intensely. His blank expression tells me nothing, I just don't understand why he won't tell me.

"I-I asked you several times and you refuse to tell me, I felt like you were hiding something from me and I always ignore it. When I asked Mary she was shocked that I didn't know the meaning of a mate, she says I should of known by now. I feel so confused and lost, for all my life I've been isolated from the outside world. I've been told being an Omega can have positive and negative effect. My parents would constantly watch me, my pack would treat me with respect like I am a royal. Parents taught me everything about being an omega but they didn't explain why rogues are after me" I said

"There's so much you don't know Landon, being an omega is more than you think" he replied.

"You didn't answer my question, what does being an omega got to do with you not telling me anything" I said. I shoved him away from me as the rogue tried to comfort me, my mind is a mess and all I want is the truth.

Why do I feel safe around him?

Why do I crave his touch?

"Find you want the truth! then I'll tell you the truth" he growled. I froze in place afraid to move an inch.

Why is he angry?

"I want to have a family, I cannot do that with a female since I am gay Landon, my only option is to find an omega to complete my goal. Yes omega's are loved and cherished in packs and yes it does have an opposite effect upon everyone. Omega's are different and unique, it's a gift from the Moon Goddess and that strikes attention. Whatever the rogues want with omega's got to do with something we don't know, you're my mate Landon, my soul mate or other half that's what mates mean. I hear cases of omega's gone missing, Dylan is the lucky one to escape, whatever they've done to him cannot be repaired. Whenever I am around you I feel a strong energy consuming my whole body, I feel more possessive as well. When I found out you were my mate I didn't want anyone to know, I wanted to do what your parents did and is to isolate you. I have this constant fear that the rogues will take you from me" he replied.

Rogan turned around and sat on the couch, I stood there in shock unable to move as he laid his head on his heads. Soul mates? I remember father mentioning soul mates to my mother, I knew they both truly loved each other.

"Y-You're not going to lose me" I said as I went down on my knees and held the rogues hands, he lift his head and looked at me with that blank expression.

"You weren't by my side for about ten minutes and a rogue nearly took you, if it wasn't Mary I wouldn't know where they took you or what they do to you" he says. I moved sitting on his lap and hugged him tight, his arms instantly wrapped around my waist. I am happy that I gain the courage to confront him and I am happy he told me the truth, everything make sense now.

"I didn't understand what I was feeling, I felt safe being by your side. The moment I met you I knew I could trust you, and I didn't understand why. I could only feel emotions of my wolf and he'll always feel happy. I was confused but now it makes sense, you're my mate and I am yours" I whispered.

"I won't let anyone hurt you baby, you're mine" Rogan replied. He captured my lips kissing me like his life depends on it. I moaned submitting to him, he took control touching every inch of my body.