Chapter Seventeen

L A N D O N

Every morning I'll visit the memorial stone, picking wild flowers to place around the stone. Tears continue to flow down my cheek, so many innocent lives taken and neither of them deserve it. I kneel down staring at the names carved on the stone, over a hundred wolves died that day. I try to believe everything isn't my fault, I couldn't help but feel regret and guilt that continues to haunt me.

I stared at Winter's name and sadly smiled, touching my small baby bump I made a promise to the moon I'll name my pup after him.

"I-I'm so sorry, neither of you deserve to die and it's all my fault. I try to stay positive but how can I move on when you aren't here living another day with me? I am not sure being an omega is a good or bad thing, at this moment I could careless. It's really hard to accept you all are gone, I can only speak to you through this memorial stone. People might think I am crazy talking to a stone, I wished I wasn't weak so I could save the lives taken right in front of me" I said.

"You taught me everything mum and dad, I never gotten a chance to thank you for it. I would always complain that I am not allowed to explore the woods, I was childish then and now I understand why you isolate me. You sacrificed yourselves to save me, I wished it wasn't suppose to be that way. Thank you for everything, I wished I could tell you that in person and hug you both tight. I missed your hugs mother, I missed you singing me to sleep whenever have a nightmare or didn't want to sleep. I miss watching you pain father, you were so talented and I couldn't understand why you didn't show the world. I wished I could of saved all your paintings, I wish you both were to still alive" I cried.

"There's so much I want to say to you Winter, thank you for saving me and my pup. I promised to the moon I'll name my pup after you, you were so young and it hurts to not be able to watch you grow. I will never regret talking to you even when you were afraid of me, you would cry when I'll give you my piece of bread. I see myself in you Winter, I wanted you to have a chance of living. The world isn't always cruel, wolves aren't like the rogue that captured you, I am sorry I didn't fight hard enough. If I fought Quinton then you'll still be alive, I made sure to come back after you but it was to late. I hope you can forgive me, all the omega's are finally rescued and slowly recovering. Most have found their mates but I always wonder about you Winter, I pray your mate will find their second chance" I said

I felt Rogan touched my shoulder, his cold hand touched my skin. He sat behind me wrapped us with a thick blanket, he rest his chin on my head and wrap his arms around my waist. I cried in his arms, my heart hurts so much that the tears control to pour out. Rogan picked a beautiful place to put the memorial stone, a field of wild flowers bloom so bright as the wind flow through giving it a sweet scent.

"They forgive you baby, they never blamed you and they're thankful you showed them love and courage" said Rogan as he wiped my tears with his thumb.

"How do you know?" I asked. He smiled.

"The wind baby, it's singing with the flowers. Close your eyes and listen, smell the scent of the flowers" he replied. I proceed to close my eyes, I hear the wind and smell the flowers, I looked up to the sky and smiled. Suddenly I could smell a group of wolves approaching us, I looked behind Rogan seeing Roland and his pack walk towards us, they all held flowers and candles.

"Thank you for doing this Rogan, this is what everyone needed" said Roland. Rogan moved us to the side allowing others to view the stone. We all had a moment of silent, all I hear is the cries of the pack. Each and one of them took turn to pray and place a rose near the stone, some even bought personal items belongs to their loved ones. Another moment of silence, Susan Asher's mate begin to sing a song called 'We're in heaven'. It was an emotional day for everyone, we all finally got closure and our loved ones can be in peace now. One by one they all left, I stayed behind with Rogan by my side.