Chapter Seven: Alex

--Chapter Seven: Alex--

"The fear of death follows from the dear of life. A man who lives fully is prepared to die at any time." -Mark Twain

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The darkness faded into different hues of green. Trees became prominent and I recognized the forest. I didn't recall the memory however. What awful experience was I exploring now? Hopefully this was the last one because this was the third one. Isn't three the lucky number? I mean genies give you three wishes.

"Bexley," the voice called out, oh that smooth voice.

Alex. It's Alex. This was a day that I will never be able to forget, a day that haunts me in the wee hours of the night, a day that I'd give anything to relive. And now here is my chance. Now, I get to relive this day. I just hope we don't have to relive the days after this one.

I grinned and looked around, "Alex! Where are you?" I called. I glanced around the forest, searching for the spritely boy. I didn't spot him and I frowned, where could he have gone? Suddenly I felt my shoulders being grabbed, and I looked back to see him. I screamed at my best friend and playfully hit him. "Why did you do that?" I asked, crossing my arms over my chest.

He shrugged his shoulders, "I am a sixteen year old boy, I love seeing girl's looking scared," he said.

"You're a stupid sixteen year old boy," I replied.

"Aren't they all?" he asked, swinging an arm over my shoulder. We continued to walk the forest trail, passing tall trees that were beautiful hues of red, orange and yellow.

"We should date," Alex said quietly, looking over at me.

I froze and gave him a confused look, "What?" I asked.

Alex stopped in front of me and grinned, "we would be great together," he replied. I actually never thought of me and Alex as a couple. I didn't think of me and any boy as a couple though after Aidan. I thought about it. Holding hands with Alex, kissing Alex, we already knew each other, so chances are neither of us would get heart broken. I liked Alex. But I didn't know if I would ever grow to like him that way. The way I liked Aidan. I had to recover somewhere though and Alex was great.

"Why not?" I asked, grinning at him.

And that's how I started to date Alex.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It had been three months since Alex and I started to date. To celebrate we went to a café, a cute one in some boulevard in downtown Toronto. "We've been dating for three months," he said, giving me a small grin.

We lasted a long time, me and Alex. I think I grew to love him. I defiantly grew to like him romantically at least which I didn't think would ever happen. Alex made things so much brighter. The world was dull to him. He made it interesting. He made colour pop vividly, flowers bloom, and birds sing. Besides that, he made me brighter. He made me happier than I had ever been in my whole life. I was happy when I was his friend but after dating him for some time I begun to realize his outlook on life. I learnt how to make things interesting. I learnt how to always be positive from Alex. I owed him my happiness. Alex made me the best I had ever been. He made me a better person.

I nodded my head, "can you still stand to be around me?" I asked.

He shrugged, "ah, I don't know; you are kind of annoying to be honest," he said.