Sandcastles at Sunset

Ahsoka didn't fully believe Anakin when he'd said Theed was a wonderful place. Now that she was actually walking the streets of the capital, she knew exactly what he meant. Vendors were set up all along the main roads selling anything and everything one could possibly want to buy.

She and Lux walked down the main street with their hands clasped, trying to be as much like normal teenagers as possible. They made the occasional stop to look at something, but didn't see anything worthy of their credits until they came across a small shop selling beach supplies.

Lux stopped in front of it. "How does a picnic on the beach sound?"

"Wonderful. I've never been to a beach just to hang out before."

"Really?" He asked, surprised.

"Really. There are loads of things I've never done because I'm a Jedi."

"Well," he started, "we are going to fix that, starting right now." He held the door for Ahsoka. It jingled as it closed behind them.

"Welcome!" A voice shouted from the back. "I'll be right with you!"

Ahsoka looked around at all the merchandise on the walls. There was certainly a variety of things to buy. Beach chairs and towels lined the left wall, umbrellas and coolers on the right, and racks with swimsuits in the center. The back wall had sunglasses, sunscreen, shoes, floaties, inner tubes – you name it.

A small, orange creature made her way towards Ahsoka and Lux. She gave them a once-over and clapped her hands together. "What can Maz get for you today, hm?"

Lux spoke. "We're looking for beach supplies."

Maz blinked, unamused. "Well, obviously. This is a beach supply store, is it not?"

Ahsoka shook her head, embarrassed by Lux's blunt answer. "We are going to have a picnic later on the beach, so we need some chairs, a cooler, and a blanket."

"That's what I thought," Maz said, looking up at Lux. "First date?"

He blushed and looked at the floor. "Yes."

She smiled. "This is why I love this job! Two towels, two chairs, a cooler, a blanket, and a swiumsuit for each of you, yes?"

"Sounds great," Lux nodded. "We'll go get started with the swimsuits, then."

Ahsoka made her way towards the racks and started rifling through them. She found a navy blue two-piece in her size that she liked, so she went to the back fitting rooms to try it on. It fit her nicely and was modest enough, so she decided to get it. She noticed a sign at the top of the mirror saying that all articles of clothing are washed after being tried on, so she went ahead and put her clothes on over it.

Just as she was finishing, Maz knocked on the door. "Are you doing alright in there?"

Ahsoka slowly pushed the door open. "Yes, thanks. I'm ready to check out now if Lux is done."

"Excellent." She lead Ahsoka to the counter where Lux was waiting.

"Hey, you ready?" Ahsoka asked.

"Yeah. Maz let me pay ahead of time."

She raised an eyebrow. "So I wouldn't get a chance to argue?"

"Pretty much. While you were changing, I loaded everything into a taxi and grabbed some dinner. We're ready to go whenever you are."

"Did I really take that long to change?"

"Not that long, and I had help." He glanced at Maz.