Love On Top

I can see the stars all the way from here
Can't you see the glow on the window pane?

Ahsoka stared out the window of the front of the Twilight. What was she even doing, anyway? Why had Padme made her do this? She stared at the surface of Onderon, anticipating what was to come. The conference was definitely going to be a bore. It was great that Onderon and Naboo were negotiating an alliance, but she simply wasn't fond of politics.

The only reason she'd agreed was the celebration that followed. Formal balls were a huge part of Onderonian culture, she'd been told. Padme had spent every day teaching her how to do all sorts of dances, from the waltz to the cha cha, after her lessons with Anakin. Anakin would even show up to her dance lessons if he felt like it. He was originally going to come with them to Onderon, but was called to investigate something somewhere else.

I can feel the sun whenever you're near
Every time you touch me I just melt away

The planet's surface was excruciatingly hot in the summer, especially with her cloak draped around her shoulders. She could feel the sun's rays beating down on her back as she disembarked the ship to meet Senator Amidala's old friend.

"Senator Amidala, it's so good to see you!" Lux extended a hand, but Padme ignored it and gave him a quick hug.

"It's good to see you too, Lux."

His attention was immediately drawn to Ahsoka. "Ahsoka!" He immediately stepped forward and wrapped his arms around her, much to the surprise of his bodyguards.

Her cheeks turned a rosy shade of pink when she noticed that Padme was watching them. It wasn't just the sun that was making her heat up this time.

"It's good to see you again," Lux whispered in her ear before letting her go. He turned towards Padme and nodded. "I'll show you both to your rooms so you have time to prepare for the day's festivities."

Now everybody asks me why I'm smiling out from ear to ear

As Lux lead his two guests to their rooms, Ahsoka noticed that Padme would look at her and subtley chuckle to herself.

"What?" Ahsoka raised an eyebrow, unsure exactly what she was doing that was so amusing to the Senator.

"You look like you've just won the lottery or something. What's up?"

Ahsoka, suddenly conscious of her facial expression, wiped the stupid grin off her face. "It's nothing, really," she lied.

"Mhm, sure," the Senator replied, raising her chin ever so slightly.

Ahsoka bit her lip, knowing that Padme could see right through her. Being in Lux's presence again was exhilarating, even though the Jedi Order wanted her to feel otherwise.

But I know
Nothing's perfect, but it's worth it after fighting through my tears
And finally you put me first

She had thought long and hard about her feelings for him. There was no point in denying their existence; she had already fallen lekku over heels for him. Anakin had probably figured it out already as it was. She wasn't particularly complicated to read emotionally, even though she was a teenager.