Shape of You

The club isn't the best place to find a lover
So the bar is where I go

Lux trudged into the Republic Youth Complex, tired from a long day on the job. He headed straight to the bar, passing clubs, shopping centers, and the food court.

Me and my friends at the table doing shots
Drinking fast and then we talk slow

He sat down at a stool next to some people around his age. They talked to him about all sorts of crazy things, drunk beyond belief. He knew it would probably damage his reputation of someone were to recognize him, but he was still a new face. As long as he maintained some level of soberness, he would be alright.

Drinking away his troubles had become a bad habit of his over the past few months. He was barely old enough to go to a bar as it was. It was a habit he should probably break sooner rather than later.

Come over and start up a conversation with just me
And trust me I'll give it a chance now

A person slid into the seat next to him. He inconspicuously turned his head, trying to figure out who it was. The figure was cloaked, but he knew exactly who it was.

Ahsoka placed a hand on his shoulder. "Lux, what on Coruscant are you doing in a bar like this?"

He turned his head and smiled. "I could ask you the same question, Miss Jedi Padawan."

"Shhh!" She glanced around, checking to see if anyone heard. "Not so loud! You never know who could be listening. And for the record, I'm only in here because I was walking by and felt your presence."

He shrugged his shoulders. "What have you been up to lately?"

"Same old, same old. I'm not exactly sure where my master is right now; he just said that I should take a break for a bit. Our last mission was really tough, both physically and emotionally."

"Oh, I'm sorry." An awkward silence passed between them. "You want anything? To drink, I mean. I have some extra credits with me."

She shook her head. "Thanks, but I'd rather not have anything tonight. Anakin would kill me if I came back completely intoxicated."

Take my hand, stop, put Van the Man on the jukebox
And then we start to dance, and I'm singing like

Lux laughed. He pushed his half-empty drink towards the center of the counter. If Ahsoka wan't going to have anything, neither was he. He'd been there long enough as it was. "Well," he said, looking around for nothing in particular. There was a group of people dancing in the back of the bar, some throwback tunes from an old jukebox playing. Their conversation was getting pretty awkward for both of them, so he stood up and extended a hand. "Do you want to dance?"

She smiled and gladly took it. "Of course."

He led her to the dance floor, or rather, the area where most of the people seemed to be moving in a rhythm similar to the music. She smiled as they, too, began to dance.

Girl, you know I want your love
Your love was handmade for somebody like me
Come on now, follow my lead
I may be crazy, don't mind me

As the evening progressed, Lux was given time to really reflect on his feelings about Ahsoka. She was a good friend, that was for sure. Her words of reason had been one of the few things keeping him sane when his mother was killed by Dooku. Looking back on it, she had been right about Death Watch all along. Trying to join them had been a stupid choice on his part.