Only Human

*Song credit to the Jonas Brothers
*Disclaimer: this is a bit more steamy than some of the other stuff in this book

I hope you enjoy my luxsoka twist on this song!

~~~

I don't want this night to end
It's closing time, so leave with me again
You got all my love to spend, oh
Let's find a place where happiness begins

By the time it was dark, Ahsoka already regretted staying on Carlac. She had to protect Lux, of course, but hanging around a group of terrorists was not exactly how she thought her trip to Mandalore was going to go. Lux had agreed to spend the night in the Death Watch camp rather than go back to the ship, which meant that Ahsoka had to stay as well.

"There's a tent for you and your woman over there," Vizsla said, pointing to a small tent next to a fire. "We'll meet again at first light."

"Thank you, Vizsla," Lux said. He looked at Ahsoka and smiled. "Well, shall we?"

She rolled her eyes. "No, this is absolutely ridiculous! I'm not going to share a tent with you. I don't even know you!" It was less about sharing the tent and more about what impression that would give him. Sure, she had feelings for him, but she was a Jedi. Their relationship was going to be strictly professional. She wasn't sure how she was going to react if he did make a move. She had been completely blindsided by the kiss they shared earlier, though she knew it was just to shut her up. Regardless, she couldn't deny that she wished it had been a real kiss.

"You know me better than you know anyone else here. Don't worry, it'll be fine. I don't think I snore, so there shouldn't be a problem. Come on." He grabbed her hand and dragged her to the tent.

It was significantly warmer inside than Ahsoka thought it would be, but regardless, she was still cold. Shili was a warmer planet, and her body hadn't exactly adapted to being in the cold for prolonged periods of time. On missions in colder climates, Anakin was always there to make sure she was comfortable. Now, she was on her own, with no one but Lux Bonteri to keep her company.

It could be worse.

Lux took off his hat and coat and placed them next to the mattress. "Home sweet home, I guess," he said. He didn't seem too impressed by the small mattress in the corner of the tent.

Ahsoka slid off her gloves and her shoes but left her coat on. She took her lightsabers and put them by Lux's coat. His eyes were glued on her the entire time. "What?" she asked.

"Nothing," he lied. "Sorry."

The flap to their tent opened, and a rush of cold air made Ahsoka shiver. It was R2, and it looked like he had something for them.

"What's that?" Ahsoka asked the droid.

He beeped excitedly.

"A heater? Thanks, Artooie. You're welcome to stay in here with us for the night." He responded negatively. "Okay, I'll see you tomorrow, then. Make sure we're up in time, okay?"

As the droid left, Lux had shed significantly more clothing. He was wearing just his pants and an undershirt now. She must've been staring, because he smiled and took his shirt off.

"There. Better?"

Ahsoka turned her head away. "Put your shirt on, please."

"Why?"

"Because." She could feel her heartbeat increasing, in spite of herself. She couldn't allow herself to act on her feelings. Her master would kill her.