12: Egg Rolls

Scott and Braeden went to some ancient church in Mexico to find Derek. They had gone from quite some time, leaving me anxiously in the car with Stiles. In what world is that a good idea? I made him leave the car after he had named all of the horrible things that Kate could possibly be doing to him. I sat in the jeep, tired from this terrible experience in Mexico, but still nervous as hell to see what the outcome would be. Stiles ran to my side of the car and stuck his head in the window, scaring the crap out of me. "They're back" he said. I climbed over the front seat and hopped out the car. Braeden and Scott were supporting a young boy who was covered in cob webs.

"Who is this? Where's Derek?" I asked, looking to see if he was maybe behind him. "This is Derek" Scott said. I looked at the boy, "It most definitely is not." "Oh but it is" He said. I walked closer as the boy looked up at me. I was an inch or two taller than him. "Derek?" I questioned. "Who the hell are you?" He asked. Scott and I looked at each other, eyes widened. "He doesn't remember any of us" Scott said. "I didn't think I'd ever say this, but we need Peter" I shook my head and climbed back in the car. "Let's just get him in the car and get the hell out of here" Scott said. It was just too weird. I wanted my Derek back. The Derek who knew me.

The next morning, Stiles, Scott, and I took Derek to Deaton's as soon as the clinic opened. While he tried to figure out what happened to Derek, Derek attacked him and ran off. He was somehow quick enough to get past all of us. "I don't think he's just younger in body. I think he's younger in his mind too" Deaton tells us. "He didn't recognize either of us and he looked like he was scared out of his mind" I said. "So if you're a teenage werewolf and you're scared, where do you go?" Stiles said. "A wolf goes back to its den. But Derek lives in a loft" Scott said. "Not when he was a teenager" Stiles said. "He'd go home. Except his home is burned down" I say. "He wouldn't remember the fire. It wouldn't have happened yet" Deaton said. "Hold on. Say you do manage to catch up to him? What are you going to say to him? That his whole family is dead?" Lydia said.

"I guess I'm going to have to" Scott said. "Oh... Good luck with that" Lydia said. "She's probably right. Maybe you shouldn't. You know, at least until we figure out how to get him back to normal" Stiles said. "I can't lie to him. I don't think any of us can. Remember, he can hear a heartbeat rising. When we find him, we tell him the truth" Scott said. "Okay, I'll do it" I stepped up. It would be hard but he'd be fine as soon as he was back to his normal self.
"If he gets to the house first, you won't have to" Deaton said. When we were halfway there to the old Hale House, the Sheriff called Stiles and said that they had a boy who was claiming to be Derek Hale down at the police station. Stiles, Scott, and I rushed to the station and brought him back to Scott's house. Scott left Stiles and I alone with Derek while he went to get Peter with Malia. All three of us sat on the couch with Derek in the middle.

"We're going to wait here for Scott. We're going to sit quietly. We're not going to call or talk to anyone" Stiles sat back. "Do I talk to you?" Derek asked Stiles. "No" Stiles said. "Do I talk to you?" Derek turned to me. "Yes you do. I just happen to be your favorite" I smile. "So you're my best friend?" He asked. "Pretty much" I nodded. "Good because you are hot" He smiles. "I know" I flip my hair causing Stiles to roll his eyes. "Can I kiss you?" He asks. "No your like twelve" I said as he leans in and plants a kiss right on my lips. As soon as he pulled away, I punched him in the throat causing Stiles to laugh. Derek recovered just as Mr. McCall walked in. "What are you guys doing here?" Agent McCall asked. "We're waiting for Scott" Derek said. "Yeah, so am I. We're supposed to have dinner. I brought extra. You guys hungry?" Agent McCall asked.

"Yeah" Derek said. "No. We're not hungry" Stiles said. "No, I'm starving" Derek said. "None of us are hungry. Thanks, though" Stiles dismissed. "Okay, well if you're not hungry, Stiles, your friend can still eat with us. What's your name?" Agent McCall asked the younger Derek. "Miguel. My cousin Miguel. From Mexico. So..." Stiles stuttered. Agent McCall then said something in Spanish to Derek. "Oh my God" I put my face in my palms. But then Derek replied in Spanish. I had no idea he could speak Spanish. In the words of Paris Hilton, that's hot. "Fantastic. Egg roll?" Agent McCall asked. "Hell, yeah" Derek said, walking to the table. Stiles and I looked at each other and laughed nervously. "So, uh, Miguel. What did you say your last name was again?" When Derek was about to say Hale, Stiles cut him off.

"Oh, it's Juarez...Cinqua...Tiago" I looked over at Stiles and he shrugged. "That's a mouthful. How do you spell that? " Agent McCall asked. "Phonetically" I said grabbing an egg roll. "Mr. McCall, you're an FBI agent?" Derek asked. "He's low level. Very low level. He doesn't even have a voice" Stiles said causing me to chuckle.. "So do you investigate murders?" Derek said earning me to kick his knee hard under the table. "Miguel! We're trying to eat! I don't wanna year about murders" I said. "Sometimes. When it's a Federal crime" Agent McCall said. "What about fires?" Derek asked.
I didn't know what to do so I threw a piece of chicken at him causing everyone to look at me.
"Sorry, it was hot" I shrugged. Then there was an awkward silence.

"Oh my God, I wonder where Scott is. Shouldn't Scott be here by now? We should call Scott" Stiles said pulling out his phone. "What kind of fires are you talking about?" Agent McCall asked. I was able to come up with a fake story very fast that was able to fool Scott's dad. After dinner, we went into Scott's room. "Okay, I didn't lie. I omitted certain truths. Vital truths now that I think about it" Stiles shrugged. "I don't want to talk to you. I want to talk to the Alpha. I'll talk to Scott" Derek said. "I'm going to the bathroom" I said, walking into Scott's bathroom that was attached to his bedroom. After using the bathroom, I walked out to find the bedroom completely empty. "Stiles?" I yelled. He came running up into the room, phone in hand.

"Where the hell is Derek?"