17: Set Ablaze

Convinced that we deserved a break, a little time to let loose, Malia insisted that we go to the bonfire rave that was being held at Beacon Hills. So why not? I agreed. It would be nice to be able to have fun for at least a few hours before going back to our supernatural hell of a life. Derek and I haven't really had the chance to talk about our relationship yet due to, ya'know us always being in life or death situations 24/7. In the morning, he went the Argent warehouse and I had to go to school. But now here I was, dancing in a sea of a people with Malia while we passed a flask back and forth.

A large metal cyclone was lit on fire next to where the DJ played. "What made you wanna come here tonight?" I yelled over the crowd so Malia could hear me as we danced. "I wanted to get drunk" She shrugged. I gave her a look, knowing there had to be more to her explanation. "I found out Peter is my father" Malia said, throwing back a sip of the vodka. My eyes widened. "Wow. Sorry about that" She nodded. "Would this be a bad time to mention that I slept with Derek?" I asked her. Now Malia was the one widening her eyes. Then she laughed and handed me the flask. "Are you drunk?" I laughed, taking a sip. "I think so" Malia said. "Same" I said, continuing to laugh.

Scott moved through the crowd, approaching us. He was dressed in a black button down shirt and jeans. Fancy. "Hey! What are you guys doing here?" Scott asked. "Getting drunk!" I nodded in agreement, "What are you doing?" "Trying to make sure no one gets hurt" He said. "That sounds fun, too" Malia said, continuing to dance. "I don't want to ruin your night or anything, but we kind of can't get drunk" Scott said. "What?" I asked as both of us stopped dancing. "I think it has something to do with our healing. But trust me, I've tried-- you're not gonna feel anything" He summarized. "Maybe you should tell him that" Malia nodded off to the side towards Liam.

Liam was in his lacrosse jersey on a picnic bench with Mason, pouring alcohol into a pop bottle and then guzzling it down. "I just want to talk-" Malia cut him off. "Well, I just want to dance" She said, passing me the flask. "We had our reasons. We didn't tell you about Peter--" Scott gets cut off once more. "-To protect me. That's what Peter said you would say. And guess what he said next? That you were right. Does that surprise you?" I handed Malia the flask back. "No... It makes me wonder what he wants. Malia, we need to stay together. You, me, Stiles-" When was Scott going to take the hint. "I don't wanna talk about Stiles. I just want to dance, and get drunk" Malia slurred.

As I was dancing, someone accidentally pushed me from the back. I fell forwards onto my knees but Scott me by the arms before I could fall completely. "Thanks" I groaned, standing up. As soon as I stood, my head began to spin and I tipped over to one side, catching myself. Malia tripped over her own feet while dancing, knocking into me, almost causing me to fall again. "Whoa! Whoa! Whoa!" Scott grabbed the both of us, making us stand upright, "You are drunk." "Yep!" Malia giggled. Meanwhile, I was staring to feel nauseous. Everything was spinning and the volume of the music was beginning to give me a headache. "But you can't be..." Scott shook his head. He then looked over to Liam who seemed to be in the same condition we were in.

"Is this what drunk feels like? It doesn't feel as good as I hoped..." Malia asked. "I don't think it's supposed to" He said before taking the flask from Malia's hand, "Malia... What's in this? What did you have to drink?" "Just vodka" She answered. Scott sniffs the flask and shakes his head as if he had became drunk from just the smell. "Stay on your feet and keep moving" He wrapped an arm around both girls, leading them over to the picnic table where Liam and Mason were. He sits the two of us down then disappears. My vision was beginning to blur as if I had been drugged. I just kept telling myself to keep my eyes open. Scott reappeared with two bottles of water, forcing them into our hands. I opened the bottle, taking a sip.