Trois

Adrien, a bored expression on his face, shook hands with Catherine. She barely made eye contact with him, as she was too preoccupied with her chipped nail polish on her opposing hand. Mr. Agreste casted him a fierce look, automatically making his son put up a happy facade.

"How lovely to finally see you in person." He said, his tone obviously flat but forcing itself to sound perky. He was about as interested in Catherine as an asexual was in intercourse; so, not at all.

"It's very nice to meet you, as well." Catherine said, voice just as unamused as Adrien's face. The air around them was duller than an npc's life. The owner of Lux cleared his throat, as if to try and rid the atmosphere of the glazed over boredom.

Mr. Agreste calmly walked over to him, resting an arm on Adrien's shoulder. "I appreciate you housing us, my son won't disappoint you during our time together." Lux's founder replied with a simple, knowing nod. He didn't seem to be much of a talker. Adrien glanced over at you, almost taken aback by your gleaming smile. You took initiative and introduced yourself first, since you enjoy being in control.

"The name's ____, but you can call me whatever you like." You chirped, gently extending your hand out for him to reach. He gripped your hand with slight strength and shook it, a smug grin spreading across his face.

"Okay, hello 'whatever you like.' I'm Adrien Agreste, pleasure to meet your acquaintance." His grin grew wider as you let out an exasperated sigh.

"And to think I have to deal with you and your Agreste-ive handshakes for a year." You joked, taking your hand out of his grasp. You turned around, your family taking your lead, and began walking down the elegant pathway. Adrien stared after you, impressed that you retaliated his smartass comment. His father glared at your retreating form, already disapproving you.

Acting as a tour guide, you showed the French natives every inch of the spacious mansion. "This is the-" You were cut off as you tripped on the blue and gold velvet carpeting. You fell in front of Adrien, and politely refused to let him help you up. "Excuse that, I didn't mean to fall for you already." You played it off, accidentally flirting in the process. Mr. Agreste stoically stared at you, imagining you falling off a cliff instead.

"Deliciously hot foods are served here." You said, motioning to the dining room. "They're almost as hot as," You stopped and made eye contact with Adrien, smirking a little. "The weather this evening. It's a little steamy outside, don't you agree?" Mr. Agreste burned holes into the back of your head.

Adrien had never been so flustered and intrigued at the same time.

By the time everyone had been introduced to the many rooms and areas in the mansion, Adrien's father was wondering how you were the most intelligent and bright student in that school, and began to think it all to be faker than Nikki Minaj's derrière.

That is, until he saw you sit down with your father and lead a financial discussion.

"Doing a partnered fashion line with that company would drop your income by roughly 88%, as their debt outweighs their profit. Following their pay off patterns, by 2024 you should receive the agreed payment, whereas this company," You paused to dramatically point to something on a file within your hands. "Has a 59% income increase due to their popular line, Sela Cocoa, earning them millions of both dollars and fans. They'd pay you within half a year of the collaboration, plus we'd have access to their newly added consumers and expand our buyers through them." Mr. Agreste found himself nodding to your words in agreement, even though he wasn't the one being told this directly.

You were the backbone to Lux, and really the only reason it was flourishing. Yet, you didn't take any credit for it.

As you were retiring for the night, you felt someone's hand rest on you. Resisting the urge to flip them over your shoulder from reflex, you turned around and smiled. It was Adrien.

"Down the hall, third door on your right." You said, already knowing what he was going to ask before he even got a chance to say it.

"My room?" He said, making you nod. He raised his eyebrows, questioning how you could've known.

"How do I know? Because I'm a mind reader." You joked, wiggling your fingers in a 'spooky' way. You lightly shoved him as he let out a small huff. "Get some rest, you'll get your pet eagle tomorrow morning before school." You lied.

"What?"

You handed him a fake schedule, printed on red, white, and blue paper. Alexander Hamilton was on the back, accompanied by John Adams.

"Welcome to America."