Treize

Author here. I got a little side quest for you in this chapter, and it's to guess what that dream with Adrien was about. Go crazy~

You woke up the next morning with a bright red face. You had a very engaging dream last night revolving around a particular blonde model.

Your face was so red, in fact, that it was still hot 30 minutes after waking up. You had no idea how to fix it or how to face Adrien. You felt worse knowing that it was the start of the weekend, so school couldn't be a distraction.

"____?" You heard his voice as you were roaming the halls. You panicked internally for a few seconds before turning around.

"Hey! How'd you sleep?"

"Like a rock- uh your face looks a little off, are you okay?" Adrien raised his eyebrow, leaning closer to inspect you. It caused a slight temperature increase of about 70 degrees Celsius.

"I thought French people were supposed to be polite," you scoffed, turning away. It gave you a chance to calm down. "Yeah, I'm okay." Adrien's curious eyes scanned you once more.

"Mhm. Remember how you're supposed to show me around?"

"...Yes?"

Adrien looked at you expectantly. You noticed how he was dressed up in clean, casual clothing. "Oh, you wanna go somewhere now. I actually have optional tennis practice soon, so you can come with me."

"Are we leaving now?"

"Yeah??"

Adrien looked you up and down. He chortled.

"Yes, I am aware that I'm wearing ladybug pajamas; it's my tennis uniform."

A couple of minutes later, you were dressed and holding a tennis racket. Your face had calmed, but then you saw Adrien holding a tennis racket as well. You blushed as you remembered how he used it on you in your dream. Once you arrived, Coach Punt didn't pay much attention to you, since his star player, Tasheen, was in a game.

"Love all, first serve." You grunted, slamming the ball over the net. Adrien hit it back easily.

"Heeey, that means you love me," Adrien yelled across the court. You got a little flustered and messed up. That's okay though. Your mediocrity in tennis isn't new.

"Love fifteen, first serve," you began.

Eventually, the game finished. You had won zero sets, while Adrien won six.

"You really suck, ____," Adrien chuckled. Especially in that dream.

"I totally wasn't even trying, " you scoffed, aggressively looking to the side with puffed cheeks. Adrien wrapped his arms around you, just like the dream, and let out a deep hearted laugh.

"If you weren't trying, how come you're sweating so much? If I stayed home and you came back like that, I would've assumed it was raining." Adrien grinned as you wiped some of your sweat off with a rag. You had no idea why he wasn't sweating. He pulled away, commenting on how his whole outfit was soaked now thanks to you.

It wasn't, but it made you smile.

"Whatever. You wanna go to the Taj Mahal?"

"We're...we're in America."

"Yeah, and that's why we have restaurants that culturally appropriate Indian style. They serve some nice Indian cuisine though."

Adrien's eyebrows furrowed. "I'm not the biggest fan of spicy food, ____," he whispered.

"Not all Indian food is spicy!" You slapped Adrien's shoulder, him feigning pain in response.

"____?" Came the voice of a third party.

"Marinette? What's up?" You ceased walking as Marinette shyly approached you. Her body was tense and reserved, much like her voice. Adrien instinctively stepped back to give you guys space.

"I didn't do so hot on the last AP Lang test, I-I was wondering if you could g..give me some pointers?" Her eyes were downcast, her petit hands holding her multiple choice sheet.

"Sure, it's no problem. Adrien, rain check on the Taj Mahal; Marinette needs some help. If you want, you can help out, too." You suggested.

"I don't have anything else to do. Besides, I'll always be around to help a friend." Marinette began to sweat profusely, much like how you were a few minutes ago.

As you arrived home, you were given Marinette's test. As your fingertips grazed the paper, it became singed. Marinette noticed, her mood changing slightly. She now seemed...observant of your every move.

"Woah, did you have your paper near a candle or something?" Adrien asked after he took notice.

"Haha, y-yeah! That probably happened when I was looking it over at home! Near my...candle!"  Marinette's sheepish grin faded once Adrien looked away, her bluebell eyes pensively staring at you.

You were now nervous. You knew about the weird glow and how it was probably messing up your innards, but to burn paper? What the hell? You made sure to not touch anything but yourself as you guided Marinette through test taking lingo and strategies, your finger always hovering just above the paper.

"Wait, what did you point at?" Marinette asked. You hovered over the word "antecedent" once again. "I can't tell what word...could you touch the word so I know?"

You paused for a second, heartbeat speeding up. "I can just tell you," you smiled, "it's 'antecedent'." Marinette smiled back, frustration hidden beneath her sweet demeanor.

Adrien hopped in, explaining what it meant. It gave you time to recollect yourself better, since you felt as though Marinette was dissecting you with her suspicion.

You wanted to wrap things up quickly.

"So, do you think that helped?" You questioned politely. Marinette modded, putting her paper away only to pull out another.

"It really did! But I have one last question about this practice multiple choice from last week, could you help me?" She held the paper out for you to grab, generating panic inside of you. Why is she so persistent?

After a few, long seconds, you calmly took it from her, the paper limping over with a sudden heaviness. It was drenched, droplets of water rolling off it it and onto your carpet.

"Sorry, I have clammy hands," you beamed.

••••
Okay guys, ready to hear that dream?

Essentially, you were sucking a popsicle with Adrien when you accidentally sucked off the top part of it, making you choke. Adrien tried helping by using a nearby racket and slamming it on your back.

It didn't help, it just hurt.

He then wraps him arms around your stomach and HEAVES that popsicle chunk out. You didn't know why he couldn't just let you choke for a bit before it melted, but oh well. Dreams are like that.