Cinq

"____?" Your history teacher, Mrs. Blount, called out. Her azure eyes glazed over your empty seat questioningly, wondering how her top student could be late. She shrugged and continued roll call.

Storming through the door, you sheepishly grinned. Since tardiness eventually leads to loss of credit in this high school, you quickly used Adrien as an excuse. "Forgive me for being late, I was informing a new, French transfer student about the school." You explained. Mrs. Blount nodded understandingly.

"You're excused," She paused for a moment, noting that there were no spaces available near you for Adrien to sit. "Jamal, please move to the seat next to Malik. Agreste should remain near his buddy."

"Look at that, the teacher friend-zoned us." You jokingly said, nudging him to sit as Jamal sat elsewhere. Adrien cracked a smile, setting his backpack to the side. Mrs. Blount pulled up a slide with a picture on it; a painting of Thomas Paine with sunglasses on and the caption "who's the real t-pain?" No one laughed but you.

"Ha, that history joke is more glorious than that one revolution." You said, slapping your knee. Mrs. Blount laughed, but that's it. You don't know why people call her Blount Dracula, she's not scary at all.

Throughout the class, you noticed that your friends also had a student from France with them. It didn't surprise you, since all of your friends were just as smart as you were.

"Dork," You whispered to your friend.

"Doofus," he replied back. Cyrus is one of your childhood friends and has spent nearly every study session with you, making his grades almost as amazing as your own. His lovely, naturally kinky, hair adorned his head, all accompanied by his sharp hazelnut eyes. His warm, sun-kissed skin and choice of warm-colored clothing made you think of hot chocolate. Except you didn't really find him hot, per say. "How's your buddy treating you?" He whispered.

"Well, he's a very pretty-" you paused, immediately feeling Adrien's gaze on you. "I mean, he's pretty nice. How's yours?" You questioned, advocating a change of subject, away from Adrien.

"She hates me," he cried. "I thought you said she was nice!"

"Chloé is super nice, what do you mean?" You replied. Chloé may not be housing with her buddy, but she still needs to be shown around. Since her father demanded the second best student influence, Cyrus is helping  her eyes soak up all of America. Her light skin probably gives her access to every site, regardless.

You glance at Chloé, who sat next to Cyrus. She smiled sweetly, blowing you a kiss. You grabbed the kiss and placed it on the back of your left hand. You blew her a kiss and she did the same.

"Is that your thing? Honey, you can come out any time, you know," Cyrus chuckled.

"I'm not- ah whatever. Anyways, did any of the transfer students catch your eye?" You inquired, making him flush incredibly red.

"K-Kim..." He said, shyly. Your eyes widened.

"The guy who has a thing for Chloé?" You asked, flabbergasted. He nodded solemnly.

"Hey, _____," Adrien said, poking your shoulder. You swiftly turned, your hair doing a lovely swooping motion.

"Yes, Adrien?" The sweetness in your voice rivaled even the purest of sugars. Chloé's ears perked up, staring at you as you spoke. She looked...envious?

"You have fencing in your schedule, correct?" He asked curiously.

"Oh yeah, but we call it a club here. There's a girl I hate in that place and fencing is the closest I will ever get to stabbing her-" Adrien looked at you with a puzzled expression. "Uh...You like making fences?"

"Huh?"

"In America, we make white picket fences to exemplify the nuclear family. We call it fencing." You joked, grinning ear to ear. Cyrus playfully punched you, snickering. Adrien placed a hand on your arm, holding it gently.

"Sure you guys do." He chuckled. You let him keep his hand there for a bit. "I was wondering if we would have a proper match against one another?"

"You think you can keep up?" You asked, astonished. No one challenges you because you were, simply put, the best of the best in this school. He obviously had no clue.

"I know I can keep up," he replied, moving his hand down your arm lightly before removing it entirely. "By the way, who's the girl you say you hate?"

"I was just kidding around, but I was talking about Catherine." Adrien's face became sullen. If she was there, Adrien would be forced to get involved with her. Of course, she was beautiful, but she did not strike her the way you did. "We'll go there after school! You'll have a hard time with a foil sword," you giggled, unknowing of his expertise, as well.

He raised an eyebrow in amusement. "Hate to foil your plans there, but I think I'll be just fine."

You snorted.