[Revised/Edited] Episode 19: Fleeing From Past Memories

- "The past isn't something that can be fled from. One must confront it in order to move on."

*Lei*

"Hey!" Yen called out. Seated on a bench next to her was Hikaru. In Hikaru's hands was a glass bottle filled with a strange-looking liquid.

"Ah, you made it," someone's voice echoed. I turned to the right, seeing Yuzuki approaching with several bottles of the crimson liquid that Hikaru was drinking. "Take these, they should restore your prana."

Iah smiled at her as he took one. "Thanks. Uh, what's your name, pretty lady?"

I glared at him. What was he doing, flirting with Yuzu?

"Yuzuki," she said, grinning.

Nyima shot him a dirty look. "So he is willing to flirt with any pretty girl he comes across."

"He's the worst, isn't he?" Yen said, crossing her arms. "He did the same when I entered through the gate."

Iah chuckled. "Don't be jealous. Plus, you two refused me."

Yuzu's face flushed. "Sorry, but there's someone I already like."

My eyes darted toward the gooey liquid in the bottle she'd given me.

"R-really?" I asked, keeping my head low. I shook his head. Right now, I didn't have the time to worry about who Yuzu liked. I needed to focus on the test. Though, stressing out about the exam didn't help either...

Yuzu snickered as she turned around. "Well, enjoy your break! In thirty minutes, your real test begins. I encourage you to go to the cafeteria to get some real nourishment."

"Where are you going?" Hikaru asked, looking at his sister.

"To help the proctors set up the next part of the test. Of the over twenty-thousand who applied, only two-hundred have passed." Yuzuki gave her brother a worried smile. "You should take care to not overexert yourself until then. You know how much prana time magic takes up."

Hikaru nodded. "I should be fine. What would I even use it for outside of the test? I'm not like Lei- always getting into little squabbles."

I laughed. "Oh really?" Lightning covered my fists. "How about we throw-down, eh? It'll be good practice for what's to come."

Hika sighed. "You're saying that on purpose, aren't you?"

"Maybe," I said as I raised my nose. My nose twitched as a delicious scent hit it. I bolted out of my seat. "I smell honey chicken this way! Come on!"

"Honey chicken?" Yen asked, bolting out of her seat. We rushed off, leaving a trail of dust behind us.

*Iah*

"Those two must really love honey chicken," Nyima said, chuckling.

"That's an understatement," the Mikado siblings said, trying not to laugh at the Lan siblings.

"Well, I'm off," Yuzuki said. She waved goodbye to her brother before warping away.

"Time and space mages," Nyima said, glancing at Hikaru as he stood up to join the honey-loving twins.

Was he the one who froze space? If so, he had to be rather strong, to freeze time in the second largest city in all of Wahkan like he did. Assuming it reached the whole city. It certainly did cover a decent chunk of it.

"Are you coming?" I asked as I stood two feet away from her.

She jumped back. "Hey, when did you get so close?"