[Revised/Edited] Episode 53: Lunar Thunder

"The Mist Martial Emperor stands at the peak of the world"

*Lei*

Nyima's eyes widened at the sight of the unconscious Adela. She put away her now useless seal and ran over to her. "Hey, are you alright?"

"Adela!" I screamed again as the others and I ran toward her once the barrier was gone. I kneeled down beside her. I side eyed Nyima, a hint of anger in my normally cheerful eyes. "Did you cast a spell?"

Nyima shook her head. "No. I think it's due to all the water she had swallowed from my Shuǐ Zhī Xīng: Second release."

"I think she might need CPR to get the water out," Wanikiya suggested, nudging me on.

"What?" I asked as my face flushed. "Why me?" I stared back at the unconscious Adela and shook my head. I slapped myself and nodded. "Fine, if that is what it takes to save Adela."

"No need for that," Nyima said. She knelt down and drew out the excess water from within Adela's lungs.

"Is she fine?" Sarah asked, watching from afar.

"She'll be fine," Iah assured, waving his head. He grinned. "That girl can handle the water now."

Nyima and I narrowed our eyes. 'This guy, he seems to talk about her as if he knows her...there's no way that they hadn't met. Even prior to their journey to Wahkan.'

As Nyima was about to question him about it, Adela opened her eyes. "What happened?" she asked, dazed.

"You collapsed due to the large amount of water in your body," Zelde responded.

"Nyima took the water out of your lungs using her water powers," Iah said as he helped her get up.

"I guess I lost," Adela said as she turned to look at her opponent. She pushed herself up but quickly fell back down.

"Don't move," Iah said. He avoided looking directly at her eyes. "You'll hurt yourself more." He continued to hold his hand out to her.

Adela took his hand, as well as Zelde's. Her eyes lingered on the prince, suspicion in her eyes. Her stare softened a bit and she chuckled weakly. "Thanks."

Iah kept averting his gaze as what seemed to be hints of red appeared on his cheeks. "No need to be, we're going to be teammates. It'll be better to start putting our differences aside sooner rather than later."

She smiled genuinely. "You've grown up a little," she said, nodding.

Iah scoffed. "What's that supposed to mean?"

Nyima smiled slightly.

"The winner is Nyima Tàiyáng," Eien announced as he looked down at us from above. "Next up are Iah no Mikoto and Lei Lan."

"Yes," I yelled. I turned back to look at Adela. "Will you be fine?"

She nodded weakly. A green glow covered her body. "I'll be fine before your match ends. Go ahead and get ready. Also, win. I want you to avenge my defeat too."

I grinned as I ran off to the center of the arena. I glanced back at her. "Alright, first comes Yen's revenge though, then comes yours, and finally will be Nuk's."

Nuk chuckled and said, "An still has to defeat Arima."

Iah tightened his grip on Adela's arm and smiled impishly. "Speaking of defeat, I had wanted to fight you in the semi-final, but it seems that I'll have to deal with Nyima instead."

Nyima glared at him, forming a fist. She wanted to punch him, but ultimately held herself back, continuing to watch the odd interaction between the two.