2: Second Chance

Rory's PoV:

I sat at the meeting for at least 3 hours without speaking. My thoughts trailed off to when Logan used to visit me at work, and how he would distract me from my work. I felt myself smile, which quickly turned into a frown. I miss him so much, but what can I do now.

"Gilmore!" My boss scolded me, which snapped me out of my thought. I found myself faced down, pen in hand. I sat up straight to find everyone staring at me. "Please step outside!" He said in a firm tone. Oh no, this can't be good. I followed her outside the restaurant. My inner school girl grew a bit nervous, having rarely ever been in trouble.

"Okay Gilmore, I'm done. This has been very difficult with you on the campaign trial. I need someone who is dedicated and is focused, and it is clear that is not you." He said without a hint of regret in his voice.

I didn't know what to say, I never had a boss, not like me. This is all Logan's fault, he's the only thing that's been on my brain. "So what are you saying?" I said a bit ruder than expected.

"You have a choice either you stay and focus on the job or you pack up your stuff and leave." He said watching her face harden. I suddenly felt a wave of anger wash over me. I don't want to be here, I don't belong here. This is nothing like I expected. I wanted to write, but this is a competition. However what I said next I would regret later, "Well I guess I should go pack my things." I said walking away.

As I walked back to the bus, I began to rethink my actions. I felt a tear escape my eye followed by a stream of tears. I couldn't keep it in much longer I lost the love of my life and my job.

I reached the bus and collected all my things. Thankfully my apartment wasn't too far, so I just took a bus.

1 Hour Later

I reached my apartment. I didn't know what to do next. I put my bags on the couch and went over to the phone. I had 1 unread message, so I clicked to listen.

"Hello, Mrs. Gilmore. This is Jane from Frankford General Hospital. I'm calling because you are listed on Mr. Huntzberger's emergency page. Mr. Huntzberger was admitted into the hospital about an hour ago due to alcohol poisoning, he is currently in a stable position. Please call back when you have a chance. Thank you." My heart dropped. This is my fault he must have been heartbroken which led to him drinking.

I didn't know what to do I immediately called Finn, his best friend. I dialed his number and clicked call.

"Finn, Finn. The hospital called me about Logan. What happened?"

"Gilmore relax. He's going to be okay. I found him half pasted out in his apartment, looking really bad. I called an ambulance. He had to many drinks, and got alcohol poisoning."

"Did you go see him?"

"Yes. Are you thinking of going to see him?" He asked a bit hesitant. I paused should I go see him? Does he hate me, how would he react if I showed up?

"Um. I don't know. He probably hates me now Finn. I don't want to hurt him more by showing up."

"Do you still love him Rory?" The question took my surprise.

"Yes I do!" I said without hesitation.

"Well he still loves you. And I think you guys can work things out but you have to go see him! So lets go lady, get a move on." Finn said adding his usual uplifting Finn commentary. 

I ended the call with Finn and quickly got ready to go see Logan. Maybe there is hope for us after all.
________________________________
Hope you liked that part! Sorry for the long wait! I'm back and ready to release new parts.
Please like, comment, and follow!!!
~Julia