3: Heart

I hung up with Finn and grabbed my bag. Running down to my car all I could think about was Logan. I've hurt him so much, all because I was scared. Now he was in the hospital because of me. But I'm determined to fix things. I was more sure about this, then anything else. I belong with Logan, married and happy.

As I drove to the hospital I thought about what I would say. We didn't even need to get engaged right away, maybe it was best if we started fresh and worked our way up. All I knew was that I wanted to be with Logan.

I parked and ran inside. I walked to the lady in the front desk.

"Hello. I'm Mrs. Gilmore. I got a call about Logan Huntzberger. I was wondering how he was doing, and if I could see him?" I said a bit nervously.

"Well. He is in stable condition. He's still being monitored cause unfortunately they had to pump his stomach in order to get rid of the alcohol poisoning. But you can visit him. He's in Room 724 right down the hall." Poor Logan he must be in so much pain physically and emotionally.

"Thank you!" I said slowly walking down the hallway. I reached his room and paused.

This was my second chance and I can not screw it up. I took a deep breath in and walked to the opened door. Looking inside his eyes were closed, meaning he was probably asleep. He looked so drained, he had an I.V doing. I walked up next to him and sat in the chair next to the bed.

I just sat and looked at him. I brushed my finger on his cheek to feel he had lost his usual warmth. A tear escaped my eye. I sat back and tried to relax, as I waited for him to wake.

About 15 minutes later, I had begun to drift off. When a voice shock me awake.

"Ace?" A weak voice managed to get out. I looked over at a weak Logan who eyes looked at me with a pained expression.

"Logan. I -" He cut me off by grabbing my hand. Which surprised me.

"Shh. I'm glad your here." He said with a weak smile.

"Me to but we need to talk. I'm really sorry." I said tears streaming down my face. He looked up at me and laughed. Why was he laughing at me?

"Why are you laughing." I say confused. He had a huge grin on his face, for someone who almost died.

"Because I was hoping you'd come back to me, I never gave up on you Ace. I knew it was just wrong timing for a proposal." He said holding my hand, I was so surprised. I thought he would hate me, but him being his usual self. He knew I would be back for him. I was so happy, this was our second chance to be happy. I will not screw it up this time.

"I've missed you." I said leaning down and giving him a quick kiss. He smirked and pulled me closer for a longer kiss.

"I guess we can start this back up from right before I proposed. We can work things up from there." That put a huge smile on both our faces.

"That sounds great, let me ask the doctor when you can come home. Assuming we are living together again." I say walking out of the room to find a doctor. As I walked out I heard him whisper 'Of course.'

I walked down the hallway and spotted Logan's doctor racing over to his room with two other nurses. Oh no what happened, I just left him.

"Excuse me, whats going on? Is he okay?" I yelled after the doctor. The doctor ran into the room, and shut the door. No they have to let me in, we need to get our second chance. I tried opening the door, but they wouldn't let me in. A nurse came up to me.

"You must be Mrs. Gilmore?" She said.

"Yes I am, can someone please tell what is happening." I asked trying to calm my nerves.

"Okay. Due to the intoxication his heart rate speed up and then dropped to dangerously slow rate. The doctors are trying to stabilize him at the moment. He will be okay however he might have a heart arrhythmia. He might have to live with this, but there are ways to cope and treat this." My heart dropped as tears escaped me eyes. How could this have happened. He was fine a few minutes ago.

"Can I see him?" I asked almost inaudible.

"Not right now. The doctors are stabilizing him, and will get you as soon as he is ready. The doctor will also go over what to know with heart arrhythmias. Mrs. Gilmore many people live with this on a day to day basis. Logan is a very strong man. I have faith he will be okay." She said comforting me.

I sat in the waiting room waiting for the doctor. I thought about our lives together as soon we get to leave the hospital. I drifted off into a restless sleep while I prayed that he would be okay.
*arrhythmia- a condition in which the heart beats with an irregular or abnormal rhythm*
_______________________________
That took an unexpected turn. I'm in no way making fun or downgrading this heart defect. Its a real and serious thing. I personal now someone who went through something similar.

Anyway hope you enjoyed. What do you think will happen with their relationship?
Please like, comment, and follow!

~Julia