4: Back For Good

I awoke to find I had fallen asleep in the waiting room. Memories of yesterday flash in my head. Tears build up in my eyes as I gather my things and head to find a doctor.

"Hello doctor. Can you please update me on Logan. I fell asleep waiting for the doctors last night. Can I see him?" I asked a bit out of it.

"He is stable. Yes you can go into his room. I'll have one of his nurses fill you in on all the details in a bit. He's been asking about you." The doctor said which warmed her heart a bit.

I took a deep breath, I love him and we are going to get a second chance! I slowly walked into his room. When I saw him I let go of the breath I didn't realize I was holding. He was paler than I had left him, and he had another I.V going.

"Ace like what you see." Leave it to Logan to make a serious situation light. I laughed as tears escaped my eyes. I ran up to him and put my arms around his neck. "Ow, Ace. I'm okay." He said laughing at me.

"Oh sorry. Logan you really scared me. They wouldn't let me see you. I didn't leave, I slept in the waiting room. It was killing me not knowing if you were okay." I said breaking down onto his shoulders. He pulled me onto the bed next to him, and pulled my legs over his. I laid my head on his chest, as he wrapped his arm around me.

"Ace, shh. Its okay, Im okay. I promise, I'm not giving up that easy. You just came back into my life, and I don't intend on leaving." He said pulling me into a kiss.

We sat there just talking for what seemed like ever. Before I knew it I had fallen asleep on Logan, happier than I had been in weeks.
__________________________
Logan's POV

I finally had my Ace back in my arms. As she slept, I couldn't help but watch as her chest rose and fell calmly. She was so peaceful and beautiful when she slept. However I could feel a small whimper every so often as I suppose meant that she was having a bad dream. I felt guilty not being able to protect her, and knowing she had to go through this heart issue with me. Seeing her so devastated made my heart hurt. She's gone through so much already in between careers, her grandparents currently hate her, and now she's worrying about me.

I felt scared about my health situation, but I need to be strong for Rory. I know its my issues, but I love her and always have and always will.

I was a bit sore and uncomfortable. I slightly shifted, which accidentally woke up Rory.

"Sorry Ace. Go back to sleep." I said patting the pillow next to me. She seemed so tired, yet still so beautiful.

"I'm sorry, were you uncomfortable? I know you need to sleep. I'll go onto the chair." She said getting off the bed.

"Hey, Ace. No its okay." I said grabbing her arm and pulling her into a kiss.

"I want you to get better, so we can go home. I will do anything for you to be able to come home with me." She said give me a sweet kiss. She moved herself comfortably onto the chair next to me.

"Hey I can't wait to go home together, to start over. I've missed you." I said falling asleep with Rory's hand in mine.
_____________________________
Hey guys, thanks so much this story hit 1k reads. Thats amazing! Also I'm so grateful for all your comments. Anyhow, I hope you liked this part. It was mostly a filler. The next chapter will be more exciting, our happy couple will be leaving the hospital. But for how long will it last.

I'm so evil! Please comment, like, and follow.

~Julia