9: Brainstorm

Since Logan has been going a lot better, I decided I would start to focus on my book. How would I start it, what would it be about? Should it be a coming of age story, or a twisting romance.

I decided to go visit Lane and the boys, maybe a little time spent reminiscing will spark some ideas. I changed into jeans and a sweater.

"Where you off to?" I heard Logan ask as he spotted me getting my bag together.

"Oh good morning, I'm going over to Lanes." I said kissing his cheek.

"Sounds fun, tell them I say hi! See you later Ace." He said as I walked out the door. I wondered what Logan does when we're not together, he had to take some time of the family business when he had his accident. Does he plan on branching out of the business or following in his fathers footsteps?

I decided to walk to Lane's apartment since it was a nice day. It reminded me of when I was in high school and we used to hang around Stars Hollow. After like a 10 minute walk I made it to the building.

"Hello Mrs. Gilmore. How are you? It's been a while since you been by." The doorman Mr. Robinson said as I walked into the building.

"Yes it has been hasn't it. I'm good. How's the family Mr. Robinson?" I asked.

"We are all well. Please call me Mark."

"Good I'm glad. Okay Mark, then call me Rory!" I said causing him to laugh.

"You truly are a darling. Go right on up." He said as I waved him goodbye. I miss talking with people in the town. Getting to know their stories always fills me with joy.

I took the elevator up to the 5th floor. Within seconds I was right outside their door.

I knocked but as soon as I went to knock again Lane opened to door. "Lane!"

"Rory! How have you been?"

"I'm good, where are my twins!" I said as two little boys ran up to me.

"Rory!" "Rory!"

"Hi Kwan, hi Steve! How are you two?"

"Good. Mommy said that you are writing a book." "Oh write it about us." They said making me laugh.

"Oh maybe I will." I said as I hugged Lane.

"Boys go play with your dad. Let mommy catch up with her friend."

"Bye Rory!" They said as they ran along.

"How have you been Lane?"

"Tired but good. Who knew that raising kids was so exhausting. My mom has been a real help."

"Aw I love Mrs. Kim! That's good. I can imagine."

"When will you and Logan have some kiddos."

"Oh Lane slow down! We only just fixed our relationship. We are in a good place. We agreed to refocus back into work and our careers. I'm actually brainstorming book ideas!"

"I know but you guys are just so perfect. I'm so glad you too worked things out. Plus it doesn't hurt that your both gorgeous and your kids would be so cute." I laughed at the thought.

"Oh Lane how I've missed you. The boys look so big already. How are you and Zack?"

"You know we are polar opposites but we work. I need someone like him to balance me out. He's great with the boys too."

"I'm so glad. Look at us, we've come so far!" It was in that moment that I realized what I was going to write my book about.

A story that takes place in a small town, with all the bumps in the round, a coming of age story. All the lesson a girl learns from her mother. Into dealing with all the challenges life can throw at you.

All the chapters, and ideas flooded into me. "Lane I've got it!"

"What?"

"The book it's going to be a book about my experiences and basically everything about the charm of a small town." I said excitedly.

"Oh I'm so pumped to read it!" We spent another hour talking before I said my goodbyes. I rushed home to begin writing. I didn't want to forget anything.

As soon as I got into the apartment I ran to the computer. Immediately sitting down my fingers took of just typing everything in my head.

"Ace, are you hungry?" Logan said walking into the study.

"Um, yeah kind of. What do you want to eat?" I said not looking up from the screen.

"Hmm Chinese food? I can order, wait. What are you doing?" He said standing over my shoulders.

"Logan the book idea just came to me. I'm going to write a book." I said giving him a quick kiss.

"That's great Ace. Write away, I'll order. I know your favorite." He said going to call. I smiled as the story just presented itself in my head.

30 Minutes Later

"Ace I'm home!" I heard Logan say as the door shut be hide him. "Ace?"

"In here Logan." I called.

"Come eat then you can go back, you need to eat." He said coming into the study and kissing my head.

"Okay." I said saving my work, and turning around to hug Logan. "I love you."

"I love you too Ace, I hope I'm part of that book of yours. Make like the sexy business man Logan captures the heart of the journalist." I laughed as he put his arm around my waist and lead my to the kitchen.

We sat and ate the food just talking about the book. I was so excited to finally get all my thoughts into a book that captures my life. I really think it's going to be good, and I realized that no matter what has happened my experiences have made me the person I am today.
_____________________________________
Please like, and comment your thoughts/opinions! Also follow to keep up with more stories and chapters.

Also for those of you who celebrate, have a great Thanksgiving tomorrow!

Thanks,
Julia