The Bullying

It was happening again.

Those girls were punching, kicking and pulling at my hair because I couldn't be friends with them.... So I started hanging out with the night class.

I just want to fit in.

Just as that thought crossed my mind Hanabusa came around the corner. "Don't worry! I'll get help." He mouthed to me as I slightly nodded. After 3 more minutes of the abuse I felt myself on the verge of consciousness as their name-calling continued.

"Slut!"

"Whore!"

"Stay away from the night class!"

"Yeah they're only gonna use you!"

"Who would love someone as ugly as you anyway?!"

And so on.

"Damn vampire let go of me you filthy bloodsucker!"

That was Zero. Hanabusa brought my knight in shining armor.

"Look Kiryu. I'm doing this for someone else. The girls are attacking (Y/N). And you and I both know how much you're in love with her so get your hunter ass in there and save the day."

Zero's... In love with me.

"What?! And you didn't fucking stop them?!" Zero yelled stomping in the hall making all the girls freeze. "I don't wanna see you out of bed this late again and if you lay another hair on that girl that isn't friendly, I'll fucking lock you in your rooms every night. Am I understood?"

All the girls looked up at him with fearful eyes as a dark, threatening aura surrounded Zero and nodded quickly.

"Then go back to your dorms and don't let me catch you doing this again or else." He said and the girls rushed off to their dorms. That's when Yuki arrived.

"Oh my god! (Y/N)! (Y/N) are you okay?!" She cried out dropping next to me on her knees probably scraping them from the noticable wince.

"Z-Zewo." I whispered like a toddler because of my bruised jaw. "I-I w-want Zewo."

"Zero! She's paging you!" Yuki called to his form that was once walking away; now turned towards us in surprise. Quickly, he walked over to Yuki and I kneeling down to me.

"What is it?" He asked gently, genuine worry in his eyes.

"D-don't g-go." I said barely audible, grabbing hold of the hand softly caressing my bruised cheek. "Stay w-with m-me."

"I will always stay with you." He said picking me up and before I lost all consciousness, I could've swore I saw a smile Grace his features.

Zero... I love you too. But the girls are right. You can do better than ugly ole me.