Discoveries

Meno pictured above.

"Meno..." I whispered as I sat on my knees before his cracked and dusty grave with tears cascading down my face. A voice sounded behind me making me freeze in fear.

"You think you're so special just because Zero's protecting you. He only does it because of Yuki. Don't worry. She'll get her equal if not worse serving of a beating dished out to her later." Ai spoke as she stomped toward me. I had no reason to fight her.

"Leave her be Ai! I won't allow this to happen as a member of the Disciplinary Committee!" Yuki exclaimed as she ran between me and the three girls behind me.

"Yuki, go find Zero."I whispered to her. "Stay with him all night. Please, I don't want you to get hurt. They plan on coming after you later. Go now before they get you."

"But what about you-," She cried as I pushed her to the side.

"I'll be fine. Send Aido. Or someone who can help, but stay by Zero or Kaname through the night. I can hold my own I think." I replied taking on a menacing glare.

"Alright. I'll send Aido or Kaname or Zero. I promise I'll send someone to help you." Yuki called running toward the academy.

I turned back to Ai, Daisha and Amaya who were all advancing on me when I sensed the presence from each of them.

Vampires. I thought pulling out my twin anti-vampire pistols, White and Black Rose. I pointed them at them my glare intensifying as they froze in mocked fear as I had done moments ago.

"What? Are you gonna murder us?" Amaya laughed thinking I was stupid.

"Shut your mouth you filthy blood sucking leech!" I shouted in anger finally after years noticing Amaya's resemblance to that beast that set my home ablaze. "She was your mother wasn't she? The one who took everything from me! It was her! I ought to kill you to make her suffer as much as I have!"

"(Y/N). That's quite enough." Kaname said holding up a hand as he walked toward me with Zero, Aido and Yuki in tow.

"So you're vampires?" Aido asked seeming in a flirty mood causing the girls to nod their heads excitedly. "How did you manage to hide your presence so well? Especially from Kiryu and
(Y/N) who are both exceptional hunters."

"She's a hunter? Please! She's too weak!" Daisha exclaimed.

"Watch it! I haven't been told to put my gun down. I could pull this trigger without a second thought and feel no remorse. The world would be a better place without leeches like you."

"Never give (Y/N) a reason to pull that trigger because when you do I'll turn my cheek and leave you to die as I'm sure Kiryu or Aido would as well." Kaname gave the girls a challenging look.

"Zero only protects her because Yuki would be devastated without her best friend." Ai retaliated with confidence.

"You're wrong." Zero said with his head down making everyone look to him. "I don't do it for Yuki. I do it for myself. Because I want to protect her. You should watch what you say leech. I have less control of my trigger finger than (Y/N) does meaning I'm more likely to end you. Now shut up and quit acting like you know (Y/N), Yuki or myself. You don't know anything."

"Zero..." I said in a low tone and he looked up at me. "Amaya's mother is the reason my brother is dead. She deserves to die."

"Kiryu take her out of here. And take Yuki with you. I'll escort these two to the headmaster's office and no they will not be joining the night class. I'm hoping to have them expelled for acting this way toward (Y/N)." Kaname said as he grabbed two of the girls by the arm and Aido grabbed the other. Zero pulled me and Yuki down the hill away from my family's grave and to the academy.

"Yuki?" I barely got out making her look at my teared up eyes. "You've proven to me that you're never going to betray me like you did that day. When you told everyone about-," I paused looking for the right words. "You know what. Thanks for being a great friend and not turning on me."

"I've learned that I can't just say whatever I'd like to everyone. I'm hoping you'll tell me about what you were telling Zero up on that hill." Yuki replied as we entered the headmaster's home and sat at the table.

As I explained what had happened in my life to lead me to become a hunter to Yuki and finally told Zero every detail, tears welled up in Yuki's eyes.

"That's horrible. Zeros was gruesome enough, but for you to have to leave them behind must have destroyed you. It's no wonder you wouldn't speak to anyone when you first got here." Yuki cried hugging me as Zero wrapped an arm around me discretely pulling my head on his shoulder. I smiled at how he was trying so hard not to let anyone notice, but the way Yuki squealed told us both that she had noticed.

"Headmaster Cross still hasn't told me whether he officially adopted me or if anyone has, though I wish I knew." I sighed putting my head on the table making Zero clearly frown from the loss of my warmth. He was always cold and wanting to snuggle me without it being noticed.

"Ch- Father!" Yuki called and Headmaster Cross poked his head out of the kitchen doorway wearing his pink frilly apron most likely cooking dinner as Yuki stood slamming her hands against the table scaring the daylights out of Zero and I. "You need to adopt me a sister! I have issues that I can't discuss with Zero 'cause he's a guy and he wouldn't understand."

As she demanded this of the headmaster she pointed down at me. Zero rolled his eyes in response and grumbled about not choosing to be the only "sibling she had".

"Adopt? Who (Y/N)-chan?! I thought you'd never ask! I have the papers all filled out you simply have to go with me to file the papers with the orphanage. This means I can finally put that empty room to good use!" Cross exclaimed leaping around the room like the loon he was as I just smiled keeping my head on the table as tears of joy streamed down my cheeks.

"Best day ever." I whispered giving the others in the room a closed eye smile watching as Cross jumped around the room in joy before scurrying back to the kitchen.

I finally have a family again.