Glasses

Hanji swore she left her glasses right on top of her desk before she took a little nap. But the moment she opened her eyes, it wasn't there. Not even when her tiring hands patted the wooden board in hopes to feel the object under her fingers. Nothing but her scattered papers of unfinished reports.

"Moblit!" She shouted and then waited for a response. "Moblit, have you seen my glasses!!?" Hanji waited again, but she heard no reply but the sounds of the streets outside her window. "Mobbliiitt! Are you theeree!!?"

When the female stood up from her chair, it didn't take long for her knees to bump the soft sides of her mattress. Fortunately, she had a safe landing. With a groan, Hanji burried her head on the bed to muffle her scream of frustration.

...:::::::::...

Since Hanji gave her life to humanity's freedom and hope and joined the Scouting Legion, she had walked this halls more than she could count. May it be to the office, dining room, bathroom, in and out of her own room, and etc. So it wasn't much trouble to find her way around even without her glasses. Though, she did had to place a hand on the brick walls as she lead herself to the dining hall. Her eyesight was just that bad.

"Mobliit? Miike! Erwwiiin!? Anyyoonee there!!!!???"
Where is everyone? And what time is it anyway? Is it noon already? Because that would make perfect sense why no one is replying to her calls. The soldiers are probably out and away with work. Darn, she knew she shouldn't have taken a nap. She should have just continued writing those reports!

When Hanji's hand suddenly left the presense of a solid wall and felt nothing but air, she knew she had entered the dining room. The female could hear the sound of a small thud, and she squinted her eyes and tried to look through the world of blurrines until she made out the counter lines of- no doubt- a body sitting on the dining chairs. Not to mention the shade of black hair.

"Rivaille?" Hanji guessed. "Is that you?"

...:::::::::...

Levi Rivaille was just enjoying his Green Earl tea. Well, actually he was trying to enjoy it. The black haired male stared straight at the wall in front of him, leaning on his chair, and his eyes shadowed by his long tresses--- Now that we mentioned it, he hasn't cut it in a while--- as he dozed off in his own darkened thoughts.

He would have raged at that moment. He would have threw his cup of tea on the ground and smashed it with his own foot.
He actually would have scream and hate himself for it- not the cup- but the past.

Until a certain brunette haired woman stumbled her way in the room. "Rivaille?" Levi flinched at the sudden voice, bringing him back to reality. "Is that you?"

Levi's strong grip on his tea cup surprisingly relaxed, and he took a moment to compose himself. To boost it, he was just about to take another sip of his Green Earl tea until he took a glance in the corner of his eyes at the brunette's direction.

And he froze.

"Have you?" Hanji repeated again, squinting her eyes.

There was a moment of silence in the room as Hanji awaited for his answer. It took so long that she began to think that there might be actually no one there and her eye-sight was just playing tricks on her again.

Though in Levi's case, all those sleepless nights might have finally hit him hard. Because is it just him, or is that Four-eyes right in front of his sight?

But who gives a shit.

Whatever was in front of him was worth an awkward silence. Levi trailed his eyes on the brunette from head to toe and tried to debate if he was having an abnormal dream or a nightmare.

Hanji, no glasses.

Hanji, Four-eyes.

Picture, Hanji, no glasses, skirt...

Hanji wearing a skirt...

Hanji wearing a skirt and no glasses...

"Rivaille?"

Levi darted his eyes away from the females direction and closed his eyes as he kept the picture somewhere deep inside his mind before answering her question with a big fat- "No." And took a calming sip of his tea.

"Oh." Hanji crinkled her nose in dissapointment. He could have at least answered earlier rather than zipping his damn foul mouth and finally answer with a simple 2 letter and one syllable word. "Mkay. Thanks anyway." She turned her body and walked away after throwing a waved of goodbye over her shoulder.

Once she was back in the hallways, she scratched her head as she thought of more places where she could possibly find other people- until her fingers hit something on her hair.

And it sure wasn't a bunch of tangled strands of hair

"Ohhh." Hanji took the object off her head. "My glasses! Hahaha!" She laughed at her own foolishness as she put them back on.

So wait.

Her glasses had been on top of her head the whole time? Why didn't Levi say so?

[Calmed One-Shot; 865 words]