Hair

For the first time, since a long time of days filled with blood and blades, Hange Zoe finally was given day for a break. Yet, the only thing she could think of a way to spend it was just to drink tea in her room, with Nifa and Petra to accompany her. They rambled on and on about days with no time to dress to look good, but Hange couldn't catch up with the topic. She had the usual urge to do more studies and she was never really good at having a girly conversation with the other females. Mostly it was about strageties and plans- the kind of talk she liked best.

Hange was just taking another sip of her tea when Petra called her attention, and she looked up at her in question, "Yes?"

"Have you ever used Blossoms?" She asked, as she started to rummage something in the bag she brought earlier.

Shit, is that some kind of make-up or something?, Hange was about to spill a lie when Petra suddenly took out a small bottle, "It's a shampoo I like to use. The best brand, in my opinion."

"Ah!" Nifa gasped, settling her tea down the table, "I've heard about it, but I don't have enough cash to buy it unfortunately."

Petra let out a guilty smile, "I used my salary for this month to buy this shampoo, cost me a fortune I tell you."

"Darn," was the only thing Hange could say. For Hange, she used her salary on more ink to write down reports, and occasionally buy more supplies for her research. Which definetly cost more than a shampoo bottle. She already used her cash to buy more spears anyway. To keep those Titans locked in place.

Petra took more bottles out of her bag, which made her companions raised their eyebrows in surprise, "I've brought it here today, 'cause I know this is one of the rare times where we rarely have a get-together and call each other without ranks, to finally let go and act as one of the ladies of our time."

That sounded weird to Hange- uncommon to her ears. Nevertheless, she tried to get herself out of the situation. Unfortunately for her, Nifa was here.

"Squad Lea-..." Nifa paused, staring at Hange for permission to which she replied with an unsure smile. Nifa took it as a go, "Hange, it's time to take a bath."

A tight smile of mixed nervousness, a smile that Hange couldn't seem to take off, plastered on her face, "Er..." Her eyes scattered around, looking for a way through this situation, "...Levi isn't here to wash my hair..."

Petra whipped her head at Hange's direction in surprise. "What?"

But Nifa already grabbed one of the bottles, giving Hange a pleasant smile herself.

+That afternoon+

Erwin was chatting about with Levi for tomorrows plans, when a female brunette walked towards them- all dressed up for military work.

The blonde male was the first one to caught sight of her, "Hange?" At the mention of the females name, Levi turned his head to her direction, "Shouldn't you be enjoying your break?" Erwin questioned.

Hange gave him a shake of her hand. "I think you should set my break for another day." She said, as she paused her steps to stand between them. "I'm feeling up for work these days." Yet, with that, she waved a goodbye over her shoulder and walked past them. "I'll go see what Moblit is doing."

Levi's face scrunched up in an aggressive deep frown, and lifted a hand up to grab the brunette's hair, expecting it to have its usual greasy feeling and ready to drag her back to her bed, when his fingers suddenly brush all through her hair strands. No tangles and grease were felt.

Even Erwin himself was surprised to the point that he dropped his papers he was holding.

"The fuck..." Levi muttered, staring at his hand as if he never knew it existed. Then he looked up and stared at Hange's back, to her surprisingly shiny and glossy hair- apparently smooth too.

Levi felt angry- yet weird for some reason. The only thing he could think of was how she didn't need him to tell her to take a bath today, and the fact that he wasn't there in the shower with her for the first time.