Chapter 10

Chapter 10

"You're baking again? Gosh Sara, you're like freaking Betty Crocker." I laughed as I walked into the kitchen. Sara let out a small giggle and continued frosting her many cupcakes.

"It was a new recipe my mom posted on my Facebook wall!" She countered, handing me the snack. I didn't think twice before biting into the soft sweetness. I let out a moan of delight, making Sara's face turn upward. "I never got a chance to ask you, but where did you run off to Saturday night?"

"Harry's place." I replied bluntly before high tailing it out of there.

I would never hear the end of that if I stayed too long.

But really, after I spoke to Harry, I left. No we didn't kiss or go any further than a hug.

I do realize how much I miss him though. I miss his curly hair and cute little dimples. I miss his raspy morning voice and his extremely loud snoring. I wish I could go back in time and just stop myself from leaving New York after Harry's hurtful prank.

I really want my curly haired, awkwardly tall, stupid, weirdo back.

I let out an exasperated sigh and fell onto the couch, only for Bently to jump on my lap.

He's huge and no matter how many times I tell him he's not a lap dog, he still sits on me.

"Do you miss daddy, Bently?" I asked the dog. His ears perked up at the uncommon name. Bently hasn't seen his 'daddy' in almost a year, I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't recognize Harry.

It was late October now, my birthday having been two days ago. I'm 19 now, where has the time gone?

We had a small get together last weekend. My family traveled from Liverpool and Cheshire to visit Sara and I in London. Danielle and Louis planned it, inviting all my friends. It was extremely sweet of them.

Louis even said he invited Harry, but Harry didn't even answer his phone.

My heart swells at the thought of Harry being totally alone. Everyone has noticed his personality change.

I want to fix him, bring him back to normal.

"Sara, I'm taking Bently on a walk. I'll be back later." I called to my cousin as I put the leash on the lab.

"Okay!" she yelled back with a mouthful of frosting. I giggled and stepped into the nippy London air.

Instead of going to normal route, I began walking to Harry's flat around the corner.

Bently's tail began to wag in realization that we were visiting Harry. Soon enough I was the one being walked by the dog. My feet slapped loudly against the ground, trying my best to slow down the strong Labrador.

It was no use because Bently kept getting stronger. And when Harry's house came into view, the dog completely lost it and I let go of the leash.

He dashed away, faster than I could imagine, up the steps and began barking at the door.

I quickly jogged up the sidewalk, to the footpath in front of Harry's apartment. Before I could reach the porch, the door opened and Harry was attacked by his former dog.

"Bently!" Harry laughed as the dog jumped all over him. "What's up pal?"

Bently's tail wagged vigorously, and I giggled at the two boys. Harry looked up at the sound of my voice, his smile faultering.

"I, uh, thought you'd like to see us, I mean, uh, Bently." I stuttered awkwardly, making Harry chuckle.

Instead if responding, he went back to playing with the dog. His smile replacing the frown from seeing me.

"I was going for a walk, do you want to come?" I asked. Harry didn't take any hesitation and he nodded quickly.

He disappeared in his house, returning seconds later with a light sweater and his worn out boots. Grabbing the leash, he tugged Bently down the path to meet me on the sidewalk.

We walked in silence for a bit, the only sound being the wind rustling the leaves and Bently's collar jingling.

"Nice weather we're having." Harry spoke up.

"You're so awkward, Harry." I laughed, nudging his side.

"I've been told." he smiled down at me for a second, then turned his attention back to his feet. "I've missed you Sam."

I didn't reply, but nodded and scratched the back of my neck. The tattoo was irritating me lately and I don't know why.

"I love that tattoo." Harry said, looking towards my neck. He reached up, brushing away the stray hairs from my ponytail. "Try putting ice on it, it stops the itching."

"Thanks." I whispered, trying to compose myself after feeling his fingers on my skin. "Are you going punk?"

Harry let out a loud laugh at my random comment. "No, I just really like tattoos."

"Are you sure? Because you have like 600, and gasp! Is that guy liner?! Harry!" I joked, touching his cheek as I examined his face. He slapped my hand away, laughing in the process.

"I'm not punk!"

"Although your fans would have a field day with that."

"They already have. I keep seeing punk edits of the boys and I. Frankly, I don't look any different."

I tilted my head back and let laughter pour from my mouth.

"Have you seen the ones of you and Louis? Where he's punk and you have the flower crown?" I exclaimed, pulling out my phone to get one I saved.

I shoved the iPhone in his face, and he laughed as soon as he saw it.

"Oh my god."

"I told you!"

"Why did you save this on your phone?" he questioned, eyebrows raised accusingly.

My face flushed and I quickly retreated the phone. "I didn't."

"Yes you did." Harry countered, pushing me slightly as we walked down the sidewalk.

"I thought it was funny...?" I lied, horribly might I add.

"You lie."

"Stop Harry." I groaned, embarrassed.

"You're cute when you blush."

(Yay so I finally updated. cute little chapter of banter between the lovers. and when I say sara is Betty Crocker I'm not even kidding. irl sara is always baking, its insane. anyways, vote and comment!)