Prologue

A delicate giggle filled the room as his fingers ghosted over her naked body.

"My love, it seems we have wasted yet another day." His deep, melodious voice chuckled as they glanced out of the imposing windows from their place in bed.

"I would not use the word wasted to describe our day." She matched his grin as she spoke.

"True." He resumed his torturous touches on her skin. "Would you care to...waste more of it?" He didn't wait for a reply as he dove under the thin sheet covering their bodies and began to make her arch out of the mattress once more.

"I still am not used to the idea of you as a Musketeer." He mused as they roamed the fields behind his family home.

"Well, Treville hired me because I'm good at what I do." She smirked.

"Which is?" He asked as he pulled her to him.

"Seducing men into spilling all of their secrets." She whispered as she teased him with an almost kiss before pushing out of his embrace and running away from the grinning man.

"I must say; this...trip...has been most enjoyable." She told him as she wandered around the room in only his undershirt as she searched for her clothes.

"I am glad I have...pleased you." He smirked from his place in bed. "And yet I feel that given more time we would have enjoyed it far more." He grinned as she gasped when he was suddenly behind her, pressing himself to her and whispering salacious promises into her ear.

"It is regrettable that we must part." She moaned as he kissed her neck. "But I fear Aramis and Porthos would be most aggrieved if their beloved leader were not to return when he said he would." She felt him sigh and pulled away.

"How much longer till you are to be in Paris?"

"A while." She stated as she located her underclothes and slipped into them, throwing him his shirt.