Chapter 6 ~ Sea, Snow, and Stars

Authors note: The video is the meme I refereed too with the TV interview. I just had too, it's too cute. I like references.

"Naitey, wake up. It's time to go." Naito felt a pair of hands shaking his shoulders. He rubbed his eyes and sat up with a yawn. When had he even fallen asleep? The bed was so comfortable, he drifted asleep unintentionally. Alsen hopped off the bed and changed into a set of clothes that were folded on the table.

"How do I look, Naitey?" she asked once she was dressed, giving a little twirl. She now wore a pair of tight, dark blue sweatpants with a purple skirt that went down a few inches above her knees, a purple shirt, and a fuzzy pink hoodie, along with a red muffler and mittens.

"You look the same as always." Naito shrugged as he got up

"In other words, gorgeous!" Alsen giggled, handing Naito the other set of clothes on the table. "Try yours on." Naito stripped off his clothes from yesterday and pulled on the pair of warm, blue sweats, followed by a black T-shirt that he wore under the tan button up shirt. He finished dressing by pulling on a white sweatshirt and his own red muffler and mittens.

"It's hot...why do we need to wear all this?" he asked.

"Cosena said it snowed again or something." Alsen said with a shrug. "Come on, Cosena and the others are in the other room." she took his hand and skipped out of their room and through the halls to room C-11. Cosena sat on the bed while Casele and Alile sat at the table. Zento stood leaning against the wall with his arms crossed. Alile really was psychic. Zento was back just like she predicted. Naito couldn't help noticing the gruesome scar forming a diagonal, zigzagging line down his right eye to his chin. Just like everyone else, he was wore a hood, mittens, and muffler, as if they were expecting cold weather in the middle of summer.

The TV was on, showing a formally dressed woman with a microphone interviewing a young couple under an umbrella in the snow. "And what do you think of this bizarre change of weather?" the woman asked.

"I like it! Being in the snow with my beloved gives me a very special feeling!" exclaimed the guy.

"Stop it...you're embarrassing me." the girl said, covering her flushed face with her palm.

Alile stood up and turned the TV off. "Everyone's here, let's go." she draped a duffel bag over her shoulder.

"So it really is snowing again?" Naito asked.

"We wouldn't be dressed like clowns if it wasn't, would we?" Zento said with a bitter tone to his voice.

"Zento!" Casele said, glaring at him reproachfully.

Zento shrugged, draping his duffel bag over his shoulder. "Let's just go already." he stuffed his hands in his pockets and kicked the door open.

"Is he okay?" Alsen whispered.

"We have more important things to worry about right now." Alile replied as they followed Zento to the elevators.

"I'll press the button!" Alsen exclaimed once they got on the elevator, quickly pressing the floor button. "Eh...?" she blinked at Naito in surprise. Had she expected him to fight her over pressing the button again?

"What? You won the right to press the button yesterday, didn't you?" he said.

"Oh yeah, I did..."

After getting off the elevator they walked outside in silence. Naito felt a surge of energy the second they stepped outside. The town was lit in the dark morning by the streetlights and the pale moonlight. Naito knew that wizards were supposed to have their mana doubled under the light of the moon, but he never thought it would feel this good. As they walked, their feet made prints in the thin blanket of snow that covered the streets. Alsen took out her phone, snapping a picture of the snow. "Say cheese, snow!" She then pointed her phone up to the sky and snapped another picture. "Say cheese, night sky! So pretty..." The way the moon and stars shone in the dark sky truly was pretty.