Chapter 26 - One Down

Alsen washed a wave of water over the raging flames that surrounded her. "Naito! Cosena!" she yelled for the hundredth time. Her throat went hoarse, but the pain from her shouting was nothing compared to the ache in her heart. Why was all this happening? She just wanted to make her sister happy. Was that too much to ask? She yelled out her frustration, sending another wave over the flames.

"Alsen!" came Casele's voice. She, Zento, and Kayla ran up to Alsen. "Where are Naito and Cosena?"

"They're on the other side of the wall," Alsen said, "Zento, can't you do something?"

"Leave it to me," Zento cracked his knuckles and pressed his palms against the stone wall. It began to disintegrate into the ground, bit by bit.

While Zento went to work on the wall, Alsen and Casele worked together to put out the rest of the flames. As they did, Alsen noticed the unmistakable shadow of a winged horse on the ground. As soon as she looked up, the beast let out a great neigh and swooped down, blowing dust at them in the process.

"Silver, have you seen my brother and sister?" Alsen asked, wiping dust off her face.

The prince dismounted and drew out his sword. "I'll make this clear," he said, "Hand your princess over to me, and no one gets hurt."

"What? Silver, what are you saying?" Casele blinked.

"Looks like he's no longer an ally," Zento removed his hands from the wall and grabbed Kayla's shoulder. "Kid, you'd better get out of here before things get any uglier."

Kayla shook like the scared child she was, but she nodded and ran off, Silver paying her no mind as she past him.

"You're after me?" Alsen pointed her wand at Silver, "What, does that mean you're working with the little witch that did all this? If you are, I will rip your head off!" she barked.

"So then, you choose to resist." Silver took a step forward. Did he really think he stood a chance against three wizards? They stood still, ready for him to make the first move.

A burst of wind spiraled behind Silver, hitting him square in the back and sending him crashing into the stone wall. Everyone blinked at the fallen prince, then looked up to see Alile sprinting her way over.

"Where the hell did she come from?" Casele whispered.

Alile jumped and thrust her palms forward. Blades of wind emerged from her fingertips, all of them crashing down to where Silver's collapsed body lay.

The prince sat up and swung his sword, slicing Alile's attack in half. "Wind demon!" he shouted, "You dare show yourself before me?" Silver stuck a finger under his helmet, appearing to press some kind of button, and spoke, "Requesting backup."

"Backup...that doesn't sound good," Casele said.

"Then let's pummel him before his little help arrives! Fertisha!" Zento transformed his wand into the stone brass knuckles and charged at Silver with his hands balled in fists.

Alsen and Casele twirled their wands, sending a barrage of bubbles Silver's way.

Alile leapt in front of Silver and chanted "Lawnid!" creating a wall of wind that stood in front of herself and the prince.

Zento ran into the wall and was blown off his feet, while Alsen and Casele's bubbles popped and exploded against it, making the wall fizzle away.