Chapter 25 - They're Back

It was just like Cosena remembered, but bigger. Practically the only thing she could hear over the turbulent roars of rides was the tumultuous screams of the people who rode them. The place was so full of families, groups of friends, and couples that all looked so happy, Cosena couldn't help but smile herself. A tinge of excitement crawled up her spine.

A stream of water her in the nape. "Gah!" she spun around to see Naito with a stupid grin on his face, pointing a water gun at her.

"Naito. Where did you get that?" Cosena asked, her voice low.

"There's a guy over there selling them!" Naito jerked his thumb over his shoulder before shooting her three more times.

"...Excuse me for a sec," Cosena brushed past the others.

"He's dead," she heard Zento mutter as she made her way over to the stand.

She came back with the largest water gun of them all, pointing it right at Naito's face.

Naito gulped. "...I should start running now, shouldn't I?" He took a few steps back, but it was too late; Cosena fired nonstop at him. When she finally stopped, he was soaked from head to toe. "...You're going to pay for that..." he whispered, glaring at her like a feral cat.

"Pfft, I'd love to see you try."

Alsen clapped and giggled. "A water gun battle! I want in!" she skipped her way over to the stand and got her own water gun. Not wasting any time, she fired at both Naito and Cosena.

"Come on, I'm wet enough already!" Naito whined like a sore loser.

"Alsen, you know that wasn't very smart," Cosena turned her gun to Alsen, who quickly ran off giggling. Naito and Cosena chased after her, and before they knew it, the three of them were firing off randomly at each other.

Kayla cracked a smile as she, Casele, Alile and Zento sat watching the siblings act like children. "I can't help but love these guys."

"Sheesh...I feel like we're here just to babysit them," Zento groaned.

Alile got up and started walking off.

"Hey, where are you going?" Zento asked.

"Don't worry about it," she replied.

"What's her problem?"

Casele sighed. "Who cares? We shouldn't have even brought her with us."

"Believe me, she annoys me just as much as you, but don't you think that's a little cold?" Zento asked, but he was now feeling something cold, and wet on his cheek. Kayla stood there whistling and looking the other way while holding a water gun behind her back. "Kid, you got a death wish or something?" Zento snarled at her.

"I-It was an accident, I swear..." Kayla pleaded, backing up slowly.

"Tell that to the judge!" Zento sprang up and got two water guns, tossing the other to Casele, who barely caught it. "Come on, we're taking her down!"

Kayla let out a scream and ran while Zento sprinted after her, not even waiting for Casele.

"Look who's acting like a kid now," Casele said with a smile before following them.

Next thing they knew, it had somehow become a three versus three war with Naito, Alsen, and Cosena teaming up against Zento, Casele, and Kayla. By the time it was over, they had all collapsed, each of them soaked from head to toe and breathing heavily. They had no idea who won, but it was so much fun that they couldn't stop laughing.

"You'd think we'd have been kicked out by now," Zento said.

"We did knock over, like, five people, and got who knows how many of them soaked," Cosena added.