Chapter 2

"Hi Ms. Styles how are you?" Liam asked politely as she beckoned him inside early the next morning. After much convincing Anne agreed to let Liam take Harry to school from now on. It seemed like the easier thing to do since Harry is meant to stick by Liam throughout the day. "I'm well Liam thank you. Is Zayn with you?" "Yeah he's waiting in the car, half asleep." The both stifled a few chuckles before Anne called up the stairs for Harry who was on his hands and knees looking for his cane.

He should really start putting it on the bedside table like his mum told him to do but he wouldn't give her that satisfaction of her knowing she's right. "Coming!" He called back, rubbing his hands over the carpet. "Ah ha!" He said when he found the familiar stick. "And you're a safe driver right Liam?" Anne asked, ignoring Harry's random shout of joy. "Yes very safe." She beamed at him.

"He drove me to the game yesterday mum." Harry said as he made his way down the stairs successfully. "Can't blame me for being too cautious." Anne took a once over at Harry to make sure he was matching and kissed him on the forehead when she saw he was. "Have a good day love. I love you." "Love you too." Harry responded as he let Liam guide him out of the house.

Once in the car Harry abandoned the cane on the floor of the car in the backseat. "Morning." Zayn grumbled from the passenger seat. "Morning." Harry said amusingly since he could tell Zayn was exhausted just from his tone of voice. If only he could see Zayn's face pressed up against the glass. "Did you have fun last night Hazz?" Liam asked as he began driving to school.

"The most fun I've had in a while." Harry responded making Zayn and Liam smile fondly even though he couldn't see them. "So when is the championship?" Harry asked after a moment. "For the football team?" Zayn asked. "Yeah." "Um," Zayn turned to Liam. "I think a week from Friday. Did you want to come with us?" "Of course!" Harry answered excitingly making them snort.

When they pulled up to the school Zayn got out first and took Harry's hand, pulling him out of the car. Harry continued to clutch onto Zayn's t-shirt, letting him be his eyes to lead him into the school. Harry heard the small beep of Liam's car telling him it's just been locked. Once in the school Zayn bid them a goodbye before setting off to his class, Liam leading Harry in the right direction.

Harry sighed in relief once he was sat at his desk in their first class. He was doing well so far hiding being blind and didn't want to do anything that would make it obvious he wasn't like everyone else. Like going to sit in a chair that's not there. Roll call began once the final bell rang, Harry calling a, "Here." When his last name was called out in question. "Tomlinson?" Harry felt his eyes go wide. Tomlinson, why was that name so familiar?

"Louis Tomlinson?" His teacher asked and now Harry knew. He was the football captain, and the boy he had quite a wonderful conversation with. There was another pause, no one pipping up. The teacher was just about to continue when the door came open, Louis popping in and laughing a, "Here!" Harry felt his ears prick up at the familiar voice from last night.

"Louis, you're late." Mrs. Teller said in a disappointed tone. "I know, had a late night winning our football match. You know how it is Ruth." "Louis!" Mrs. Teller said trying to sound angry but she had a small hint of amusement to her voice. The class snickered including Harry. Louis was definitely confident, not in an asshole or self-centered way, in a 'I want to be friends with someone like you' way.

Louis' eyes landed on a familiar set of curls. He smiled widely at the boy who's name he remembered to be Harry. Harry Styles in fact. How could he forget someone like that? His smile faded though when Harry didn't smile back. He was looking right at him but didn't return the smile. "Louis are you going to sit down?" Mrs. Teller said, snapping Louis out of his wondering as to why Harry wouldn't return his friendly gesture. "Anything for you Ruth."