Chapter 24

"Stop it Niall, this one brings out his eyes." "Yeah but this one makes his ass look ace." "Are you two trying to help Harry or are you coming on to him?" "Shut up Zayn." Niall and Liam laugh in unison. The three of them are in Harry's room, fighting over what he should wear to the Valentine's Day Ball tonight. Harry was just sitting next to Zayn, listening to them bickering.

The situation was quite similar to when Harry was going to see Ed Sheeran with Louis on their first date, only Niall isn't the voice of reason this time. They're all going at it since it'll be Harry and Louis' first date of being together again.

"I wish I could see you lads." Harry said to Zayn as Niall and Liam look through different ties. "I bet you all look amazing." The three of them were in their suits since they would be going tonight as well. "Thanks mate." Zayn says, "I look amazing, but these two don't clean up so well." "Hey." Niall and Liam say, trying to sound hurt but there was a hint of amusement in their voice.

Zayn snorts since he hadn't expected them to hear him. "I just wish I could see Louis more. I bet he's going to look beautiful." "The only part of Louis you'd want to see if the look on his face when he sees you."

Harry blushes sightly and looks down. He really hopes he does manage to take Louis' breath away. "Okay Hazz." He hears Liam say, "We've come to an agreement." "Finally." Harry sasses and stands up. Liam puts a pair of dress pants in his hands, then a shirt and jacket. Zayn does the tie for him and Harry hears the three of them step back to get a good look at him. "You look amazing Harry." Niall says and Harry can practically hear the smile in his voice. "Really? Do you think Louis will like it?" "Louis will love it." Liam says as he straightens out Harry's jacket, "He'd be a twit to not love it." Harry smiles again.

"Harry!" They hear Anne sing song, "Guess who's here!" Harry practically goes giddy and ignores the snorts of his friends before they make their way out of the room. Harry goes first down the stairs and Liam has his hands out, getting ready to catch him just in case. Louis is waiting in the living room with half a dozen roses, his hair up in a quiff, and looking rather dashing in his suit. He stands when he hears footsteps on the stairs.

Louis' breath hitches in his throat when he sees Harry fully. It take him a moment but soon a large smile spreads across his face. "Harry." He says, barely above a whisper, the smile nearly breaking his face. Harry looks in the direction of Louis' voice, "Do-Do you like it?" Louis comes closer, ignoring the lad's cheeky looks and doesn't say anything, he just kisses Harry sweetly. When they pull away Harry smiles almost as widely as Louis, "I'll take that as a yes."

Louis chuckles slightly and grabs Harry's hand. He puts the flowers in it. "I know you can't see them but-" "Roses." Harry says happily. "How did you know? You didn't even touch the flower part." "I can smell them. I love the smell of roses. They're lovely Louis." Louis stands on his tip toes and kisses Harry's forehead. "I'm glad you like them." "I'll put them in some water." Anne says and takes them out of Harry's hands, "They'll be waiting for you when you get back." She kisses her son on the cheek, "Be safe, yeah?" "I will." Harry says.

"Alright," Zayn says behind them and pats Harry on the shoulder, "We'll see you there then? We've got to pick up our dates." "Okay." Louis says before giving Zayn a cheeky look. He whacks him on the chest to which Harry doesn't question. He guesses louis did something sassy. Niall and Liam bid them goodbye and close the door behind them. "I bet you look amazing." "Not as amazing as you." Louis says and grabs his hand, "Come on love." Harry grips back and allows Louis to guide him out the door.

*

When the two arrive at the school Louis never lets go of Harry's hand as he escorts him up to the building. "Promise you won't leave me Lou?" Louis scoffs, "You even have to ask that? I won't let you out of my sight unless you tell me to piss off again." Harry whacks him playfully for making such a dark joke. "Only kidding love. I promise I won't let you go to far. No panic attacks tonight yeah?" "Yes." Harry agrees with a sigh of relief. A room full with people and loud music, it was enough to make Harry panic just form the sound of it. Not as long as he has Louis though.