Chapter 3

For the rest of the week it was as if the universe kept pushing the two together. They saw each other in the morning during literature then seemed to keep finding ways to run into each other throughout the day. Liam would walk Harry to the toilet during class and Louis would be in the hall filling up a water bottle. Harry would be waiting for Liam to finish up talking to a teacher and Louis would be late for class, stopping just to chat with him, regardless of him being tardy.

Every time they ran into each other they always chatted, never having a dull moment in their conversation. Harry was impressed with himself that he managed to keep his condition hidden to him. Liam and Zayn were exceptions, he was almost forced to have them know but Harry wants to make sure he can trust Louis before having him find out about his blindness. Louis was obviously liked by everyone, and if he had a problem with Harry being blind then everyone would have a problem with it.

It was Saturday night and Harry was getting dressed, Liam helping him pick out something nice to wear. "I still don't get why we're not allowed to wear t-shirts." Harry complained for the third time. Liam found it amusing though. "That's just how it is for all the plays. Our principle seems to think our school is more posh than it actually is. Black jeans and a nice navy polo will be fine. Up." Harry stood up from the bed, wearing nothing but boxers.

He's only known Liam a week but already felt comfortable around him. He is the first friend he's had in a while. That and Liam's practically been taking care of him at school, he kind of has to be comfortable around him. "I don't know what navy is Liam but sounds good." "Right, sorry." Harry could hear the snicker he stifled afterward. He put a pair of jeans in Harry's hands, "Put those on first and I'll find you a shirt."

Harry put the jeans on and waited patiently, hearing Liam hum quietly, trying to figure out what shirt to put on Harry. "So you and Louis seem to be getting on pretty well yeah?" "I suppose yeah. He's pretty nice." "He seems pretty fond of you too. Normally he's friendly toward people but he seems almost different around you." "In a good way?" "Yeah in a good way Harold." Harry flipped him off making Liam laugh. "Hey be nice or I'll make you walk into a wall."

He threw a shirt at Harry, hitting him in the face. "You wouldn't do that." Liam groaned, "Yeah you're right." Liam sat in the computer chair Harry had pushed up against a desk and examined Harry once he put the shirt on. "Eh. I think you'd look better in grey." Harry gave him a look that suggested he was an idiot since he didn't know what any of these colours were. "Sorry. I forget sometimes. Um, just the shirt off."

Harry stripped the shirt and tossed it on his bed, waiting for a different selection. "So what do you mean by different? With Louis that is." "Oh," Liam smiled, "I dunno actually. I've known Lou for a few years now and normally he's overbearingly sarcastic and sassy but with you, he shows you mercy. Almost like he's afraid of hurting your feelings."

Harry really hoped he wasn't blushing. He's not sure what blushing looked like but apparently your cheeks turn a different colour and your face gets hot. Harry's face was definitely getting hot. "I'm just as sarcastic to him." "And I can tell he likes that about you. People are sometimes intimidated by him but you're not afraid to push back." He turned around to face Harry, seeing his cheeks were a crimson colour. "You're blushing." He said amusingly.

"Shit." Harry tried to turn away but just ended up bumping into the nightstand, nearly knocking him over but Liam caught him before he went too far. He put him on his feet, offering him an apology, "Sorry I didn't mean to embarrass you, I just thought it was cute." "It's okay." Harry said, still trying to hide his face. "Here try this one." Liam put the new shirt in his hands, stepping back once it was on.

"Much better." There was a small pause as Harry adjusted the shirt. "So someone getting a little flushed over Louis?" "Shut up Liam." "Harry, do you, you know, have a thing for guys?" Harry rubbed the back of his neck nervously since he wouldn't know how Liam would respond. "I um, I kind of have a big thing for guys." At this moment he wishes he could see Liam's reaction. "Okay," He said happily as he rubbed Harry's shoulder, "That's okay Hazz, I don't care." "Oh thank goodness." Harry exhaled in relief. "I think it's great honestly. Who am I to tell you you're wrong?" "Well you're basically my escort at this point so your opinion would matter."