46. Phone call to Lionel

[RECAP: Sera is struggling with how to defeat Mr Marek's evil ex-girlfriend Victoria...]

"Sera darling! I haven't been able to get the image of you out of my mind - clad or unclad. How's Tarq? Is he treating you well?"

Sera felt a momentary surge of joy at Lionel's acknowledging them as a couple.

"We're not really... it's complicated."

There were a couple of moments silence. "Something's up, isn't it? Tell Uncle Lionel everything. If I can help, I will."

Sera took a deep breath. "Victoria is back."

"Is she?" Lionel sounded puzzled. Sera filled him in.

Lionel's string of expletives sounded oddly elegant in his well-spoken voice. "I'll fix this, don't worry darling. Leave it to me."

It was a relief to have someone else that she could tell, someone on her side, but Sera felt bad for dragging him into it. "I didn't want to make it worse by telling you."

"You did absolutely the right thing. If that viper is coiled around his neck he won't be painting, and that's a problem for me. I never imagined she'd get this desperate. Maurice must have really put the screws on."

Sera thanked him. "If you can work some kind of miracle I'd be so grateful. I wasn't sure who else to turn to." The stress of it all was weighing her down. She lived in a constant state of fear that Victoria would tell anyway, out of spite. Or if she mistakenly thought that Sera was breaking her rules.

Sera was endlessly expecting a summons to the headmaster's office as well as jumping every time the phone rang at home. She tried to answer it as often as possible so if it was Victoria she could hang up. This strange behaviour had led her father and Marisa to assume she had some secret new boyfriend.

"In the meantime, why don't you come up and visit me in London? We'll have lunch," Lionel suggested. "There's no prohibition on you seeing me, I take it? Not that that vile hag would know one way or the other."

Sera didn't reply immediately and Lionel picked up on her hesitation. "Don't worry, I have absolutely no nefarious intentions. I've seen how Tarq looks at you. If I so much as laid a finger on you I'd lose not only all his business but also my life. I'd simply enjoy catching up. Bring a friend with you, if you like."

Given it would be the holidays the following week and she would have time on her hands, Sera agreed. It would be a good chance to do some Christmas shopping anyway. Lois was always up for a trip to London. And who could turn down a free lunch?

And did Mr Marek really look at her in a certain way? Right now she was grasping onto any crumb of hope.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

If you're interested in receiving a FREE sexy student-teacher short story (18+), sign up to my mailing list (click External Link):

http://www.subscribepage.com/noel

com/noel