Chapter 22

KURA'S POV

It had been about a few days or so since we've been in Karl-sama's castle. Time flows slower here which was a pain in the back side but during my time here I've been practising non-stop with Akira to get better at the flash-step besides I don't want a repeat about what happened in the Tsukinami Manor. Akira and I were training in the training grounds after training for a while we were in the gardens taking a break. Akira was telling me about how she met Ruki but she almost blew when I told her that Ruki and I were friends in the past and then I told her that I had no interest in him anyway.

Akira then said,"Enough about me, what about you?"

"Me?" I asked her. She said,"Yuma told me about you being a member of the Takashi family, why aren't you with them?"

"You mean why am I not with that deadbeat you call my father? It's because he ignored me for a long time after my mother passed away when I was five but when I turned ten I ran away and I became a vampire hunter." I explained to her. Akira sweat dropped and said,"I see, I'm sorry I asked now."

"It's fine but did Yuma also tell you that my father paid those founders to bring me home I don't know why he wants me back so badly but if he thinks that I'm going home he can think again because I am not going home." I said with a frown. Akira places a hamd on my shoulder and says,"I see, no offence but your father sounds mean I've seen and heard some people losing the ones you love die and then they take their anger out on their friends."

"I know, that's why I'm not going back even if they had to use force if they had to." I sais as I clenched my intertwined hands. Akira smiles and says,"You're a strong and a brave woman like me."

"I'm nothing like you Akira besides no guy will ever like me if they found out that I'm Kura Takashi." I said. Akira ruffles my hair and says,"That's not true."

"Huh?" I was confused at this. Akira then says,"There's one guy in particular who likes you a lot and I bet he's fallen in love with you as well."

I blushed at who Akira was talking about I said,"Subaru and I aren't like that! A-and besides what makes you think he's in love with me anyway?!"

Akira smirked and said,"I didn't say Subaru~"

"Huh?! You didn't? Well...somebody did." I said as I acted to look around. Akira grinned and said,"Admit it, you're in love with him aren't you?"

"I am not!!" I shouted as I was still blushimg. Akira says,"Oh yeah then, how come I saw you two almost kissing before Ayame came walking through that door in the living room?"

I blushed bright red and said,"You saw that...?"

"Oh yeah." Akira grinned. I hung my head low and then Akira said,"What's wrong? Was it something I said?"

"It's not that, it's just...(Sighs)" I said as I sighes sadly. Akira says,"What?" I raised my head to look at her and said,"I don't know if Subaru actually loves me?"

"What about you? Do you love him?" Akira asks me. I said,"Well...I do but, I'm a hunter and he's a pureblood vampire we don't mix."

"Says who? Look at me, when I was originally human I met Ruki when I was a kid and we clicked just like that until we fell in love when we seen each other again when I became a vampire." Akira explained. I sais,"Really?"

"Yeah, human, vampire, hunter, who cares? Who says you can't fall in love with a vampire? I mean don't they deserve some love even if it is from a human." Akira said with a smile. I was surprised to hear her say somehing like that and I said,"...You know, you're right, after Subaru told me about his mother I knew right then that vampires do have feelings and they too deserve some love."

"See? I told you not all vampires like to drain a life out of a human I mean look me for example I haven't even drank yours or Yui's blood." Akira said. I said,"Now that I think about it, you seem a bit more controlled than the Sakamaki and the Mukami brothers, I'm surprised Yui's scent hasn't made you go insane, no offence."

"None taken, I know Yui's scent is so good and all but even I can resist something that's good like that." She sais in a serious tone. I was amazed and I said,"I see."

"Anyway, back to talking about you and Subaru, why haven't you two kissed?" Akira said. I said,"Well to be honest we haven't, you see every time we were so close to kissing someone or something keeps interrupting us."

"I see, then if you ask me you two need some a lone time without any interruptions." Akira suggested. I asked her,"How?"

"Leave that to me." Akira said as she winked.

TIME SKIP..

After we had dinner Subaru was a bit quiet the entire time and he was trying to avoid me for some reason. I got a note from him saying 'Meet me in the Gardens after dinner'. I went to the gardens like he asked me to and I saw him looking at some white roses. I walked over to him and I said,"I got your note so what did you want?"

"I wanted to talk to you alone." Subaru said with a blush. I said,"Oh yeah? What did you want to talk about?" I thought to myself,"It's Dave ja vu all over again please don't let anything interrupt us this time."

Subaru turned to me and he said and I said at the same time,"Listen Kura-" "Um Subaru-" We both smiled and then Subaru said,"You first."

I said,"Subaru, I've been thinking about you a lot recently and well..I just can't seem to get my mind off you and when we had those moments if you get my meaning." Subaru blushed and he said,"I've been thinking the same thing every time when you're near me or when you calmed me down during that time I just can't stop thinking about you."

"But Subaru, I'm hunter, I hunt and kill vampires, would still trust me if I continued to kill vampires?" I said as I hung my head low. Subaru stroked my cheek and said,"Of course I'd still trust you, but living your life as hunter, I don't think that will suit you for very long."

Subaru ran his fingers through my hair and he then said,"Kura..you are the only woman that has never once been afraid of me or my temper and that's why I..." Subaru wrapped his arm around my waist and then he pulled me close to him and he said,"I love you."

I blushed at his words and I could feel tears of happiness about to pour out of my eyes. Subaru wiped away the tears from my eyes and I said,"Do you really mean it Subaru?"

"I mean every word Kura." He said as he held me closer to him. I wrapped my arms around his neck and said,"Then...I love you too, Subaru Sakamaki."

Subaru blushed my comment and then he leaned towards my lips. Just when he was about to kiss me someone said,"Hey Subaru!" Subaru frowned and I face palmed and Subaru said,"Oh for the love of pete! Not again!"

Laito came over and he said,"I've been looking for you, listen do you-" Suddenly Akira popped out of no where with her teleportation powers and she said,"Laito! Leave him alone he's busy."

Akira grabbed him by he collar and then she turned to us and winked. Akira teleported out of the gardens leaving Subaru and I alone. I said,"Well that was- hmpf!?" My lips were sealed off by Subaru's lips as he kissed me deeply. Subaru pulled away and said,"Sorry, that was..nice."

I blushed at what he did and I said,"You don't regret it do you, you know about how we're different from each other." Subaru smiled and he said,"No, I'll never regret this moment with you."

I smiled at him and I wrapped my arms around Subaru and we kissed passionately.

AKIRA'S POV

As Laito and I were hiding in the shadows I smiled at the two of them. Laito said,"About time, those two hooked up."

"I know, this time I had to butt in and make sure you didn't take Subaru away while they were having a moment." I scolded him. Laito said,"Heheh, sorry."

"It doesn't matter now, come on let's leave them alone." I said as I dragged Laito away from them.

TO BE CONTINUED...