Chapter 37

KURA'S POV

My father pulled away after he hugs me and he places his hand on my shoulders and said,"You look at you, you're all grown up now, you look just like your mother." I smiled at that compliment and then Subaru stands up and he glares at my father. Father notices him and he says,"Who's he?"

I stood next to Subaru and said,"Father this is Subaru Sakamaki, he's my boyfriend." He was shocked to hear that and he said,"No way! You're what? Sixteen now and you've already got a boyfriend?! No way! I can't accept that!!" Dawn smacks his head and said,"Calm down you! Anyway, don't you think you're a little late to stop her from getting a boyfriend after all she left six years ago and she did managed to look out for herself for a while and besides he maybe on the shy side but I think Kura has found herself a decent man that's for sure."

I nodded my head in agreement at what she said. My father was speechless at this and Lily said,"Hahahaha! Daddy has got nothing to say about it! hahaha!!" Father notices her and says,"Come here you little monkey!!" He starts to chase her and then Lily jumps onto my back and I said,"Hehe, Lily really is like a ball of energy isn't she?" Dawn nods her head and says,"She sure is."

Father smiles and said,"So you know, don't you?" I then said,"About lily being my little sister? Yeah I know Dawn explained everything to me about what happened to you while I was gone." Lily wraps her arms around my neck and then she says to father,"Daddy! Play with me!" Father then said,"Sorry sweetie daddy had a long day at work." I smirked and said,"I have a better idea, why don't you go and play with big brother Subaru."

Subaru's eyes widen at this and said,"Wait a minute Kura!-" Lily jumps onto Subaru's back and she says,"Yay! Giddy up little horsey!!" Subaru glares at me while I smirked at him. He said,"Kura, I'll get you for this." I petted his head and said,"Have fun." I said as we watched Subaru leave the room with Lily on his back. I burst out laughing after he left while Father looks at me stunned and he said,"You've changed a lot you know."

I stopped laughing and I looked at him and said,"I know, I'm not that little girl you once knew, to be honest I was surprised that you even noticed that I was gone until I got your letters." Father scratches the back of his head and said,"Oh them, I'm sorry, I was desperate to find you that I wrote those letters to be so demanding and I was desperate to see you again, I missed you a lot you were my only daughter and I didn't have anyone else since your mother died."

I sighed and said,"After mum died you became a different person entirely, you were heartless to me, you didn't even wanted to spend time with me, you just ignored me and pushed me away, until I eventually I ran away I couldn't stand being around someone like you anymore all I ever wanted was to have a loving father not some heartless pig who doesn't want to spend time with his daughter but concentrate on work." I said as I frowned at him.

Father looks away sadly and says,"I know what I did to you in the past was wrong, when I learnt that you ran away I thought for sure I lost you completely but, that was when the private detective told me where you were, I was relieved to hear that you were doing well I didn't think I would find you again but I knew that deep down that you didn't want to see me again, I know it's too late to say this but, I'm sorry, I'm so sorry that I was a horrible father to you." He said as his got on his hands and knees with his head down as his way of apologising to me.

My eyes widen at this and I looked at Dawn and she said,"He really is sorry for what he's done but he's gone for a fresh start and he has a new wife and child the only thing that he wants now is your forgiveness and that you would be a part of his life again." I thought about it for a moment and I then said,"Get back on your feet old man, you look ridiculous right now."

Father stands back up and he was waiting for an answer from me. I said,"You know that I shouldn't forgive you for what you've done to me but, if you really want my forgiveness then you've got it but I'm only going to give you this one and only chance if I so much as find out that you made Dawn or lily cry, heh, you're gonna get it from me, understood?"

Father chuckles and says,"Of course, you've got that demanding tone and that temper from me that's for sure." I giggled and said,"It would seem that way." Dawn places her hand on my shoulder and says,"Thank you Kura." I smiled and said,"You're welcome."

Just then I heard someone say,"For crying out loud kid! How many piggy back rides do you want?! Hah?!" I realised I forgot about Subaru and I said,"Crap! I forgot about Subaru." I said as we rushed over to him and he was on the floor on his hands and knees with Lily pouting on his back. Lily says,"Come on!! Big brother!!" I covered my mouth quickly to stop myself from laughing and Subaru glares at me and says,"Don't even think about laughing Kura!! It's not funny!!"

"Pfft! But you've got to admit..it kinda is from where I'm standing, hehe!!" I said as I tried to hold in my laughs. Subaru continues to glare at me and I raised my hands in surrender and Dawn says,"OK, Lily, I think Subaru has had enough." I then said,"Yeah, tell me, do you like sweets or deserts?" Lily's eyes widen and says,"Yeah! My favourite is chocolate cupcakes!" I giggled and i picked her up off Subaru's back and said,"You're talking in my language kid, come on I'll make you some right now." Lily's hugs me and I walk off to the kitchen.

SUBARU'S POV

I stood up and I placed my hands on my spine and I stretched a couple of times and Dawn says,"I'm very sorry about that, Lily tends to get a little hyper I knew I should have watched the amount of sugar I give to her." I then said,"It's fine, even though my back is gonna hurt for a while, it was actually a nice change of pace once in a while back where I come from my brothers and I don't get along well we're on bad terms."

Kira's father says,"You have siblings?" I nodded my head and said,"Yeah, we're half related and I'm the youngest of the six brothers." Dawn was surprised at this and she said,"Six brothers?! Blimey that's a big family to have." I frowned and said,"It maybe be big but like I said we're on bad terms we don't get along well enough."

Kura's father approaches me and says,"Oy, Subaru, thank you for looking out for her, my daughter had no friends when her mother died but I'm glad she was able to find someone like you in her life." He said as he held out his hand and I shook his hand.

TIME SKIP...

After we left the Takashi manor it was already getting late. Kura had a smile on her face and she said,"You know something I'm glad that I came back here, my old man has now got a second chance and he really has changed, what do you think?" I looked at her and said,"Yeah he seems to have changed and you seemed to get along well with Lily as well since you just met her and all."

She giggled and said,"I know but in all honesty when I was young I've always wanted a brother or a sister besides, it stinks when you're an only child in the family it's no fun it's too quiet when you don't have a sibling." I shrugged my shoulders and said,"You don't hear me complaining." I said.

KURA'S POV

I looked over at Subaru and said,"I keep forgetting that you and your brothers are on bad terms but, at least I picked you out of the six of them, right?" I said as I leaned against Subaru. Subaru blushes at this and then he wraps his arm around my waist and we headed back to the Sakamaki Manor.

SUBARU'S POV

On the way back I was carrying Kura on my back since she slept on the way back here in the limo. Once I got inside Ayame came rushing over and said,"Subaru! You've got her back took you long enough as well." I frowned and said,"Sssh!!! keep your voice down! You'll wake her up!" I whisper shouted.

Ayame looks over my shoulder and she notices Kura fast asleep as well. Ayame then said,"So what happened with her and her father Reji told me that she went back home." I looked over at Kura's sleeping face and I smiled and said,"You'll have to wait until she wakes up and Kura will explain to you."

I said as I carried her back to her room. I'm glad Kura finally settled things with her father but I knew that deep down that happiness wasn't going to last long since she and Ayame will be leaving us soon. After I tucked Kura underneath the covers I quietly lad beside her and I wrapped my arms around her. Sensing that I was near she buries her face in my chest making me blush slightly and eventually I fell back to sleep as well.

TO BE CONTINUED...