⍒GH-325⍒

Tove knew she was dreaming the moment her mom came out of the shadows. Tove couldn't talk to her mom, nor could she reach out and touch her, but the sight alone made her heart beat faster.

Of course, her mother didn't notice her daughter. She was too focused on a journey that was unknown by the living. She herself didn't know what the journey was, but she knew it was important.

Tove watched her mom walk away from her with a stoic look on her face. Her mom reminded her of a robot by the way she moved and looked straight ahead, as if she was being controlled.

A sudden noise draws Tove's attention away from her robotic mother. Tove turns her head but sees nothing. She starts considering the fact that she may have made up the noise on her own, but then it echoes in her head once more.

Tove was trying to understand the noise while it continually happened at an irregular beat. It sounded like Tony's suit when he was charging his emp blaster to take a shot. But it sounded a little different than that. It was less intense and more... medical sounding.

The defibulators sound echoed in Tove's mind. She tried to pinpoint where it was coming from but it bounced off the sides of her skull, making it nearly impossible to understand.

Tove stops looking when she realizes why she was hearing the sound. I'm dying. Tove starts to panic at the thought of her dying. She did not want to die, she thought it was nearly impossible for someone like her to die. Why am I not healing? Tove's question echoes in her head, along with the sound of the defibrillator. I need to wake up. She tells herself. I can't go down like this.

Tove tries slapping herself but all that does is leave a red handprint on her face. Tove tries pinching her arm to the point that her nails puncture her skin, but still, she did not wake up. Tove tried spreading her eyes open with her thumbs and pointer finger, but still nothing. She frantically began slapping her thighs in hopes that she will wake up, but no. She even tried hitting the reflex point on her knee, just to make herself kick something, but nothing happened.

Tove was starting to run out of ideas. She knew she had to wake up in order to live, but her body was refusing it. Tove was starting to grow so anxious that she felt a scream boiling in her stomach. It rose like a helium balloon up from her stomach, into her throat and out of her mouth and then the scream came.

Tove was never known for any beautiful screams, and this was probably one of the worst yet. She screamed as hard as she could, making her throat dry and her lungs compress so hard that they started to touch. She felt her head go light and arms and legs grow weak. She fell to her knees and continued to scream with every last ounce of breath she could and it rang in her head like a loud alarm.

Then, Toves eyes close and her real eyes open. Tove takes a deep breath of air and blows it all out like a gush of wind.

She was awake. She was alive. And she was... restrained?

Tove lifts her head to look down at her wrists and ankles, only to see them cuffed and tied to the sides of her bed.

"What the hell?" Tove croaks out. Her eyes open wide at the sound of her voice. She sounded like she had just gotten her tonsils out, again.

Tove drops her head back into her pillow and relaxes. She didn't care if was restrained or sounded like fifty year old smoker, all she cared about was that she was alive.

┱┲

Tove woke up to a hand resting on hers. She looked down with one eye and saw Steve's head hanging low. "And yes... you are a pain in the ass but you're one hell of a fighter, and friend. Hell, Buck hasn't been the same since you've been out, I'm starting to think he has a thing for you." A small smirk appears on the blond's lips. He looks up and Tove closes her open eye, pretending to still be asleep. "Please be okay." He pleads.