Anni-what?!

((Hey, I didn't actually think I would continue this, but I had an idea for it and decided to get back to Wattpad and keep going. I never really finish what I start, but maybe seeing the reads count go up will motivate me! ;)))

After lunch, Dave had to go to work. He thought that John had been acting weird earlier. Maybe Karkat had said something to him that make a him upset. When he tried to talk to John, all he did was say that he had something important to do and for Dave to have a good day at work.

No matter how much John told Dave not to worry, he did anyway. At the club Dave worked at, called Underground, he was a DJ and performer. He loved his job more than anything else in the world, except John of course. Geez, ever since that day at the penthouse almost a year ago.... Wait.

Fuck, it's been a whole year, which means it's our anniversary, how could I have forgotten? Dave ran his hands through his hair and friend to figure out what he was going to get John. He shook his head, a whole year and I don't know what to get him...

When he a arrived at work, he sat in his parked car for a while, making sure to be a little late. Sure, his boss hates it, but what is he gonna do about it? Fire him? Nah, Dave is too good at his job for that. He also makes a great amount of money. Enough to get a fantastic present for John, if only he knew what to get. He sighed and began to go down the stair and through an underground tunnel to get in the club.

Dave met with one of his best friend's, Jade. She worked as a manager of the galaxy themed club. She had done a fantastic job decorating the place too. The lighting was mainly from blacklight's which meant Dave could always take his shades off here and no one would notice.

"Hey, Jade. I need help..." Dave started.

Jade giggled, "Lemme guess. You don't know what to get John for your guy's anniversary!"

Dave blinked, "H-How did you know?" Is it really possible that she remembered the date better than I did? If so, what does that say about me? Dave thought about this when Jade's laugh brought him back to earth, "You're in luck, I know about a little something that John has been dying to get his hands on for a while."

Dave smirked, "If it's not me, what else could it be?" He laughed when Jade gsped and playfully hit him on the arm. "I'll tell you after you've done your job!" She motioned him towards the stage. He almost forgot that tonight he was going to do a cover of some twenty one pilots songs.

"Okay, but seriously, you'd better tell me," he said to Jade. He made his way to the stage, where a booth was set up. The laptop hooked to it had his playlist on it. Even though he was doing covers, he would remix the music a bit to make it his own.