Will We Be Okay?

"Dave, I am deeply sorry to have to tell you this, but while operating, we found that you may have small cell lung cancer."

_________________
Dave's P.O.V

"What? That can't be possible, I mean, I don't smoke, or anything like that. C'mon, doc, it can't be true!" I lightly shook in fear, already over thinking, my ribs cutting into my lungs, I can explain. This, I can't. I looked over to John, he seemed as shaken up as me, maybe even more.

I grabbed his hand and closed my eyes, praying that it would be okay for us. I wish I knew then that it wouldn't make much of a difference.

When the doctor left the room, John looked at me with the best smile he could manage at the moment. Even though I was still a little high on the morphine, I groggily scooted my own body to one side of the hospital bed. I patted the now open side for John to lay next to me.

As John laid down, I curled into him. He wrapped his arms around me and held me close. I was so glad that he could be here for me, I don't know what I would do with out him.

It was too much, I couldn't hold back the tears any longer and I began to cry.

John stroked my hair to try and calm me down, "Shhhh, everything will be okay, Dave. It's gonna be okay."

"No, it's not...." I sighed and buried my face in John's chest.

Later that night, after John left. I sat in silence, wondering what had happened. I have no idea what could've led to this. Being told that I needed chemo killed me a little inside. There was no way John could find out, I'm not letting the doctors tell him. His world would be crushed. He already had to go through this shit with his dad, I'm not putting him through it again.

If there is a god, please, help me.

_______________________________________
Hey,this story is almost over.
I hope you can handle the end being so near.
I bet the anticipation is killing you.
Don't worry, its a good ending. I promise 😉😉
~S