01

"Are you excited for the game this Thursday?"

Beau looked to his right at Mike who was currently running beside him on the track. Mike's hair was drenched with sweat and sticking to his forehead. Though he wasn't sweating as much, Beau wasn't in very better shape, if the aching in his calves had anything to do with it.

"Against the Panthers, right?" He asked, and saw Mike nod.

"It's a rivalry game," Mike commented, huffing softly underneath his breath. "So we have to win."

"Then don't miss any passes," Beau replied, and smiled when Mike shoved at his shoulder lightly.

"You know, not everyone can be like you Beau," Mike replied, moving his body towards the football field's direction. Beau followed after him, bending slightly into a stretch as Mike did the same. Mike was still speaking as they stretched. "I mean, I wouldn't mind having your life. Fast as hell, hot girlfriend, and that soft puppy look you have going for you."

Beau rose an eyebrow, stretching his right arm across his chest. "Puppy look?"

"You're eyes," Mike said, as if that explained everything.

"I have puppy eyes?"

Mike gave him a disbelieving look. "Have you seriously never been told that?"

"Topic change," Beau requested, and Mike smirked.

"Fine," Mike huffed, running hand through his sweaty blonde hair. "What is Bella doing for her birthday this year?"

Beau shrugged, "She doesn't like celebrating her birthday,"

Mike snorted, "Typical Bella."

Nodding his head, Beau felt a bit guilty because Mike didn't know the half of why Bella didn't want to celebrate her birthday. Mostly, Bella was upset because she was forced to live another year as a human; which Beau was secretly glad for.

"She might have something at Edward's house," Beau said, watching as Mike looked at him. Mike's face was a bit tense, and Beau instantly felt guilty. It was not secret in between them that Mike had more than just friendship feelings for Beau's little sister.

"Is it just for the family?" Mike asked, his cheeks reddening.

"Given that Edward is Bella's boyfriend, I think so," Beau replied, trying to be discreet as he stopped his stretching in order to walk towards his water bottle in the grass a few feet away.

"Oh," Mike replied, and Beau nodded awkwardly.

"Beau!"

Jumping at the sound of his name, Beau looked over his shoulder at Alice. She had her dainty arm in the air and she was waving it around. Lifting his arm to indicate he saw her, Beau gave Mike a meaningful look before jogging over towards Alice.

Alice smiled at his approach, her red scarf standing out against her pale neck. She smiled at the water bottle in his hand.

"I see you're using your birthday gift," She gleamed, before interlacing their arms together. Beau smiled down at Alice, noticing just how short she was compared to him.

"It's a great water bottle Alice, thank you," Beau replied, watching as Alice beamed more.

"As much as I love talking about how I'm an amazing gift giver, I'm here to talk about Bella's birthday party today," A spark lit up in Alice's eye, and Beau sighed.

Alice heard his exhale and frowned. "Oh don't tell me you're backing her up on this no celebrating thing." Alice's spidery fingers put air quotations over the words 'No celebrating'.