12

"I'm a still a virgin!"

Beau Swan's eyes widened over his mug of coffee at his sister's exclamation to their father. Smirking softly, Beau watched as Charlie's eyes grew wide, and how his lips turned in disgust at his daughters words.

"Thank you Bella, I'm glad we've got that covered," Charlie said, ignoring how it was his fault for even asking in the first place.

Bella only nodded, placing her dish in the sink as she moved to head into her bedroom. Beau and Charlie shared a look over the table, both of them sipping on coffee.

"What are you doing today, son?" Charlie asked, trying to get the awkwardness to leave the kitchen air around them.

"Painting," Beau replied, "Maybe travel a bit into the woods to get some good inspiration. I haven't painted much for fun since going to Columbia. I miss the freedom of getting to paint without a grade looming over my head."

"Have you painted since you got that thing on your arm?" Charlie said, lifting his fork to point at the artwork on Beau's left arm.

Beau looked down at the completely healed tattoo of his moons and smiled. No matter how many times he looked at the tattoo, he couldn't ever get tired of it. Nodding his head, he responded to Charlie, "I haven't painted anything since I designed this tattoo in my sketch book. I'm dying."

"You're dramatic," Charlie replied, rolling his eyes fondly. He then got up, placing his plate that had a slice of apple pie on it into the sink. "I have no idea where you got you're drawing skills from. Heaven knows your mother can't draw to save her life, and I've never held a paintbrush before. Maybe you get it from your grandparents."

"Maybe," Beau replied, knowing that Bella was named after their grandmother on their mom's side; and that if she were anything like Renee, he knew that his grandmother, Marie, hadn't given him his drawing skills.

Beau had been named after Charlie's father, Jamison Swan, which was a bit strange since Charlie's father had died a few years before Beau had met him.

Though he was named after the man, Beau hadn't inherited anything from him more than a middle name and what Charlie also did too: Dark brown hair, hazel eyes, a lanky swimmers build, and an introverted personality - Bella had gotten her share of the last trait too.

"Well, I'm heading in for the day," Charlie said, grabbing his gun by the door and placing it in it's holster on his hip. "Be safe. Pass that message onto Bella for me, yeah?"

"Yeah," Beau said, and heard Charlie grab the keys to the cruiser and his jacket before the front door closed.

A few minutes later, Bella was coming down the stairs, dressed for work.  Beau watched her in his side-vision, trying to not make his staring obvious.

"I can see you staring," Bella commented, looking up at him as she tied her shoe laces.

"Where are you going?" Beau asked, taking another slow sip of his drink even though he knew the answer already.

"Work," Bella replied, before smirking softly, "Wanna come?"

Beau thought about seeing Mike briefly, before he remembered the ache he'd woken up with to paint something today and he quickly answered, "Pass,"

"Don't want to say hi to Mike?"

"Does Charlie know you're going out?" Beau asked, before thinking better of it and asking another question. "Does Charlie know you're visiting Edward afterward?"

"You planning on telling him?" Bella asked, grabbing her truck keys from the hanger by the door.

Shrugging his shoulders, Beau shook his head, "Nope,"