15

It felt strange to wake up and not remember where you were.

Beau Swan was laying on his back in a hard bed, with nothing but a white sheet covering his body. Thankfully, he was still fully clothed. Shifting quickly, Beau felt as his head throbbed mercilessly against his skull, making him feel ill.

Looking around the room, he saw that he was in a small cabin bedroom. There was no windows, just a small painting in the corner of a forest. On his right side, a white door stood, and as he listened closely; Beau couldn't hear anything happening behind it.

Turning his sights back to the ceiling, he tried to remember what happened last night. He didn't remember going home with anyone. In fact, the only thing he remembered was getting into Matthias's car and driving to a place he couldn't remember.

"Hello?" Beau asked softly to the dead air, not sure if he should be making his presence known at all.

Shoving the covers off of his legs, Beau slipped off the bed and shakily got to his feet. His head continued to scream as him as he opened the door to his room. He was met by an empty hallway, with only a small side table at the end of it holding a fake vase of flowers.

Frowning, Beau moved slowly down the hallway in a groggy manner, gently patting his jean pockets for a phone he was almost sure he'd brought before going out last night. He swirled around the corner, seeing a small living room with a chair and a fireplace.

Moving towards the front door for some fresh air, Beau barely got his hand on the knob before the door was opening. A sandy haired male with crimson eyes stared unforgivingly back at him, a snarl twisting his lips into something gruesome.

"Where do you think you're going?" He asked, voice filled with poison.

Beau, startled by the males eyes, replied, "I was going to get some fresh air,"

"You were going outside to get killed," The male replied, shoving one pale arm outwards to roughly shove Beau farther out of the way. "There's nothing but newborns out there."

"Newborns?" Beau asked, the word sounding familiar.

"Vampires," The male corrected, and Beau's entire body stiffened.

"Where am I?" He asked, and that seemed to make the other male even more annoyed than he already was.

"I found you at the club,"

With his eyes widening, Beau motioned between them, "Did we....?"

"Hell no," Snarled the other male, his bright eyes flashing. "She just told me to bring you back here and make sure you didn't run off before she returned."

"She?"

"Victoria," The male replied, and Beau's entire body went stone stiff.

"No, no, no, no," Beau moaned, feeling his insides beginning to flutter. He was shaking his head, stepping away from the sandy haired male.

Beau felt his head throb, his insides vibrating with terror. Beau swayed, hearing his heart hammer thickly in his chest as the epinephrine in his body because to kick in. His vision became blurry, and in the distance, Beau heard a crash of something falling to the floor as he backed away from the front door.

"What's wrong with you?" The sandy haired male demanded, and he stuck out his hand, wrapping it firmly around Beau's neck in an attempt to force Beau to give an answer.

Beau struggled to breath, his mouth falling open and gasping his eyes dilated. He tried to speak but nothing was coming out. His heart was starting to hurt it was beating so quickly, trying to keep up from his fight or flight response.