11

[IF YOU HAVEN'T HEARD, THE BEAU SWAN SERIES WON IN THE TWILIGHT FANFICTION AWARDS COMPETITION FOR THE BEST ROSALIE HALE FANFICTION. THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR VOTES AND YOUR SUPPORT. NONE OF THIS WOULD'VE BEEN POSSIBLE WITHOUT YOU]

The keys went up in the air, clinging softly together.

Beau Swan stuck out his hand, catching the keys he'd thrown up into the air with his palm. His footsteps were light on the sidewalk, and his backpack was heavy on his spine. Beside him, other students were rushing by and some were talking to each other whilst hugging their textbooks and project trifolds to their chests.

It was close to break, and everyone was in a rush to turn in some of their last minute projects. Beau, however, had already turned in all his work for the break. He must've been the only student on campus who was slightly happy instead of stressed out for the break coming up.

Charlie had already bought him a ticket back to Washington, though Beau had insisted that he could pay for one himself. It was a perk of working for a small art gallery that was owned by an old woman who loved him like he were her own son. It meant that Beau was paid well, and was allowed leave from his job whenever he asked as long as he took pictures to show her when he got back.

Mrs. Samson was a nice woman, married to a professor in the business department at Columbia, and took care of three Maltese dogs in their loft a few miles away from the Columbia campus. She, herself, had majored in Art History, and had happened to stumble into Beau one day after giving a lecture to a few students on Vincent Van Gogh's pieces. Since then, Mrs. Samson and himself had been inseparable - much to Mr. Samson's amusement.

Making his way into his dorm, Beau switched his keys around to get the small ID card he had to identify him as a housing resident and pressed it to the scanner by the door. The guy at the front desk, Blake, buzzed him in with a small smile and a wave. Beau waved back, trying to keep his eyes from the bloody scars on Blake's forearm that only he could see.

Beau had been given a dorm on the fourth floor, which was something he both liked and despised equally. A few of the dorm rooms were open, with students moving a few stuff out of their dorms to take with them on their breaks. Some of the professors had assigned a few projects to do while on break. Luckily, Beau wasn't one of those people.

After unlocking his door, Beau opened his room to see that his roommate, Jeremy, was still in their room. Jeremy was sitting on his bed, looking intensely at the screen on his camera. His shaggy blonde curls were pushed back by a red bandana on his head, and his thick rimmed reading glasses were perched loosely on his nose.

"Busy?" Beau asked, shrugging off his backpack and placing it beside the legs of his bed.

 Jeremy just sighed, turning off his camera and looked at Beau, "Miss Kelso assigned a project for over the break,"

Wincing apologetically, Beau removed his black Nike windbreaker from his body before doing the same with his shirt. Jeremy watched all of this with lazy eyes, used to Beau's routine when coming to their dorm by now.

Though Jeremy had said that he thought Beau was attractive, he'd also stated to Beau that he was asexual. After a lot of explaining to Beau what that meant on Jeremy's part, Beau had admitted that he was bisexual and the two of them had been something close to friends ever since. It was nice having a roommate you enjoyed, and it had surely made the transition away from home easier for Beau at least.

"Where you going for break?" Jeremy asked, turning back on his camera.

"Forks Washington," Beau replied, hearing Jeremy snort in laughter.

"I still can't get over the fact that the place you were born in, is named after a utensil," Jeremy spoke, clicking through his photos on his silver Canon with a steady gaze on the small screen.