Part 5

Part 5

Quinn’s POV

            I quickly went home to change and take a shower, not necessarily in that order. I figured I wanted to look good for today’s date. Even thought it didn’t seem like a date to her, I most definitely was going to count it as one.

I got ready as slowly as possible but I only ended up taking about half an hour. This time was going by so slowly. I was probably going to end up at her house 10 to 15 minutes early. I just hoped she didn’t think I was too desperate. I waited around the house for a couple minutes before I couldn’t stand waiting around anymore and drove to her house as slowly as I possibly could. Once I got to her house I was almost 10 minutes too early. So I sat around texting Mason that I had gotten a date with her. He told me how happy he was before he said he had to go. I figured that I had killed some time so I called Penny.

“Hello?” She picked up after the 5th ring, not that I counted or anything.

“Hey, it’s Quinn. I’m right outside your house. You can come out when you’re ready, no hurry.” I told her.

“O-ok, I’ll be out soon, thanks.” She hung up right when I said bye.

I used my super sensitive hearing, to listen to her shuffling around inside her house. I could only hear here though. I didn’t even hear any other breathing from her parents. How odd. Finally I could see the handle of her doorknob wiggling as she emerged from her house, locking her door and making her way to my car. As she slid into my seats, she gave me a cute little smile.

“Where would you like to go? I don’t exactly know my way around this town yet.” I asked her.

Of course, I kind of did know my way around. You’d be surprised how much Google Earth can teach a person. I wanted Penny to go wherever she felt comfortable. It totally and completely up to her. I didn’t want it any other way.

“It’s getting really chilly, so can we go for some hot chocolate?” She asked, quietly.

I smiled at her. I began asking for directions. She quietly directed me, so we didn’t talk much, but I was ok with that. I could sit quietly yet contently with her forever.

Once we reached our destination, I turned off the engine and as she reached towards her car door, I grabbed her hand.

“Don’t move.” I told her.

I quickly got out of the car and over to her side, opening her door and offering her my hand, if she wanted to take it.

She smiled at me and reached for my hand. I pulled her up and out of her seat, shutting the door behind her and walking hand in hand into the cute café I had seen on my way over to her house. No one was here, because it was the middle of the day, lunch time. People were probably off eating lunch not going for coffee, or in our case, hot chocolate. The lady at the counter, a sweet looking and kind woman in her late 40’s, smiled at our hands and asked us what we’d like. Penny noticed that the lady’s focus was our hands and she quickly let go. I was a little sad but I didn’t want her to be pressured or feel bad so I decided not to show too much emotion.

“What would you two youngsters like?” The lady at the counter, I read her named Claire, asked.

I looked at Penny, wanting her to go first.

“Oh I’ll get you your usual right? I remember you and your brother since you were 12 years old and he was 14, if I remember correctly, coming to my shop for the same thing almost every weekend! Hot Chocolate with extra chocolate, whip cream, and sugar right?” Claire smiled at Penny.