Part 3

Part 3

Quinn’s POV

After dinner everyone pretty much went about their own business. Dad took me, mom, Jason, Jack and Mason into the Alpha’s study. No one aside from the Alpha could enter without an invitation from the Alpha. We knew no one would dare bother us in here. Mom, Jason and I sat on a couch and Jack and Mason sat on another, right across from each other. Dad took a seat at his desk, the one only for the Alpha of the pack, the one that would be mine if Penny came home with me.

“Quinn, how is Penelope?” Mason asked, as soon as everyone sat down.

“I said she’s fine, physically. Mentally, it seems as if she’s given up all hope. She looks defeated, as if she’s accepted her fate of being invisible forever.” I sighed, hunching over.

“I knew I shouldn’t have left her.” Mason cursed himself.

“You had to. You have university to think of and you had no idea how dangerous you would have been.” Dad reassured him.

“As far as I know she’s safe though. No abuse, no hurting herself, she’s ok.” I reassured him.

I knew this would let Mason breathe a little easier and I was right. He let out a sigh of relief, looking at me gratefully.

“Guys, I have to get her out of there. She’s so lonely and scared. It makes me even more protective of her. I could barely let her out of my sight the first time I saw her. She was so sad.” I thought back to when I had first met her.

She looked so shocked that I was staring at her and not right through her. I wanted to hug her close to me and tell her how much she meant to me, about how I would never make her feel alone and scared from now on. I knew I had failed in that mission as she ran away from me during third period.

“We’ll get her out, Quinn. You have 5 months to get her out. That’s plenty of time. First you make friends with her. Remember, she thinks she’s human. I haven’t ever experienced a case like this. So we have to take this slowly. We have time.” Dad attempted to reason with me.

“What I don’t understand is why her parents would give her up for adoption when they had a pack to help take care of her. I mean any pack would be willing to help their fellow pack members, especially raise a child.” Jason commented.

“Well we don’t know if her parents even belonged to a pack. They could have been rouges, for all we know. Not all packs are like ours, as well. There are very cruel, very mean packs out there. There are also rouge packs, which are cruel and mean.” Mom tried to explain to Jason.

“What about her adopted parents, Mason’s real parents? I mean they should have figured out there was something, abnormal, about her, right?” Jack piqued up as well.

This question seemed to stump everyone. It was true. Penny’s parents would have figured out something was wrong by now. So why hadn’t they?

“I don’t think this is too much of a concern right now.” Dad interrupted all of our thoughts.

“All you need to worry about is getting Penelope home.” Dad got up and put his hand on my shoulder.

“I know you can do it. You are her mate after all.” He looked at me, meaningfully.

I would get her here and to me, safely. Or die trying.

~*~*~*~*~

“Ok, everyone can leave. I need to talk to Quinn alone.” Dad dismissed everyone else.

“First, I want to ask you how it was, seeing Penelope for the first time?” He started off.

“It was absolutely amazing.” I began to tell him. “She’s so shy and quiet, the opposite of me. I want to love her, to show her how much she means to me, to tell her she’s not invisible to me, but I can’t.”