Part 6

Part 6

Penelope’s POV

I hadn't had that much fun since Mason left. I never even knew I could have this much fun after Mason left. Quinn was someone unique. For one, he actually saw me, I wasn't invisible to him. Then, he actually cared, he saved me from those evil men, let me sleep at his house and then even took me to get hot chocolate and to the park. It almost felt like a date, though I didn't know what a date was, considering I’d never been on one. Times like this, I wish I had someone to explain these things to me; I didn't understand any of it. My mom was useless, she couldn't care less, my brother wasn't here and I had no girl friends, or friends of any kind, so I was all on my own on this, like most things. Sometimes, I’m surprised how I can get up every day. I shook my head, realizing I was getting depressed after such a nice day.

I wanted to text Quinn but I didn't want to bother him. I didn't want to seem to needy or anything. He was the first friend I've had in years. I couldn't ruin this. So I decided to start my nightly routine to get into bed. When I reached the side table of my bed and noticed my phone had one message.

I had a great time thanks.

It was from Quinn. I smiled; this was my first text message from someone outside my family.

No, thank you. See you tomorrow.

I went to bed with a smile on my face for the first time since…well I can’t remember since when. It was the first time I was actually looking forward to school. I wanted to see Quinn and spend more time with him. I thought back to when he said he liked me. I repeated that in my head until I fell asleep to the sound of his voice telling me he liked me.

Quinn’s POV

 I couldn't sleep at all. I kept thinking about Penny and the rest of our lives together. So many images and fantasies filled my head and the elation I felt kept me up. I decided to check on her, considering I was thinking of her. I know it might sound creepy but I’ve wanted to do this for 2 years. I fell in love with the picture of her for god’s sake! I think I had some rights to creep, considering I was going insane at not being able to tell her about everything. It’s not like there’s a criteria for this kind of stuff. I could just imagine on our third date, I say “Oh by the way, I’m a werewolf living in Massachusets. You’re my mate and you need to come with me. I almost forgot your brother is also a werewolf and he’s been in Boston with me giving me instructions on how to woo you.” I could just imagine how well that would go.

I was currently sitting on branch of the tree in her backyard. She should really close those when she goes to bed. I suppose now that I was with her I could make sure there are no creepers and stalkers, aside from me of course. I sound so stupid talking to myself.

I didn't get any sleep, just sat there watching her sleep. Occasionally she would move and I would tense to jump down, so she didn't see me, but they were false alarms. I little bit before it was time for Penny to get up, I left. I had to get ready for school and come pick her up. I didn't want to be late for that. I quickly got into my apartment and changed into the first thing I saw, grabbing a jacket, not for me, but for Penny. I arrived at her house about five minutes before she even left the house. I got out, waiting right in front of the passenger side. I could hear her shuffling around. Where were her parents? I thought again. I didn't know if I should ask because she might get upset or just leave it and wait till we’re closer. I heard her sigh after slipping on her shoes, as if getting ready to brave the harshness of the day. As she closed and locked her door, she turned around to see my car right in front of the lawn and her eyes widened to the size of saucers. She quickly ran to my car as I opened the door for her. She looked at me once before getting in and placing her bag on the floor and snapping her seat belt on. I got into the car as she turned to me.