Chapter 1 ↣

"We have a 10-72 in the Fusion Bar across from West Wood."

"10-4."

"All units requesting back up, hostages being held inside."

I lift my head up from my usually spot, nose deep in my physics textbook. "Hostages?"

"10-20?"

"Fusion Bar in West Wood."

"Across from West Wood, North of Main Street, and down the street from me." I repeat to myself while slamming my book shut.

I hear the police cars sirens approaching, this gives me about 5 minutes to sprint from here to the scene to get 'pictures'.

"10-29F, Marcus Lablé."

"Ooo fun, a wanted man." I say while grabbing my bag and running out my door.

I look at my watch, three minutes to time, if I take the alley on South Side, I should be able to run around to West Wood quicker, but that's the route the police will take.

While growling and muttering curses under my breath I cut into the alley and watch the police cars race past behind me, or they'll take the long route, very good for me, very bad for Marcus.

I sprint the rest of the way, seeing the buildings glow red and blue the closer I get.

Finally, I make it, but not in time, shit. I look down at my watch, two minutes past time, DAMN IT!

"Ma'am, you can't be here!" One of the blockading officers informs me.

I roll my eyes and turn around on my heel, this, this is why I should have done track, not volleyball.

But my luck isn't all gone tonight, in the corner of my eye is see a green cladded man jump from one of the roofs, into the alley I came from! YES!

I run again, reaching into my bag, ready this time. I can't miss this.

Sprinting into the alley I see- absolutely nothing.

"For fucks sake!" I snap, kicking a empty beer bottle into one of the walls. The glass shatters in different directions, satisfying me slightly.

I just needed one guy, ONE GUY! I HAD TWO SHOTS! And I blew it! I blew it completely out of the water!

I pull my phone out and quickly call the only number on my phone, Siris Richards, short for Osiris Richards.

"What's wrong Aki-"

"I had ONE JOB! One job! And I couldn't even do that!" I complain while spinning around.

"You can go again tomorrow-"

"I'm just UGH, I can't even take a damn picture of a police set up, or of the damn vigilante!"

"You need food, or alcohol, I can tell." He says this time, without me bursting out and interrupting him.