Chapter 24 ↣

I open my eyes groggily- bright lights shining down on me, loud beeps of machines, and the frantic worried tap of nails against a surface.

When was the last time I went to a hospital?

...I broke my leg when I was ten- no wait, high school, tore my ACL...right I forgot about that.

I try to pick my arm up but find that I'm hand cuffed to the bars on the bed.

"I'm stuck." I say plainly, my voice cracking and scratchy.

The room stays silent, but without looking I can tell eyes are on me. But yet, silence.

I shake my head bitterly, "Alfie is dead, Osiris is god knows where, and I'm stuck to a hospital bed.... did everyone else make it out okay?"

"You...died." Felicity.

"I wish." I mumble, still pulling my arm around against the restraints.

"I'm being serious here Alex." She says, making me smile slightly.

"You know. I appreciate you bringing me to a hospital, but I told you before, I can't die." I manage to push myself up slightly to see her sitting in the lone chair in this brightly lit room.

She looks at me with great distress in her eyes, "Then why did he shoot you?"

"To get away. Stall. And come back years from now to start it all again." I look away from her, unenthused.

"Oliver left to track him." She bring up making me raise my eye brows.

"Oh I bet he did." I say, staring out the window of the hospital... beautiful out there.

I pull my arm up quickly, snapping the handcuffs in half, freeing me from the restraint.

"Leaving?" She asks, standing up to help me off the bed.

"I think..." I look from her to the shining lights of the busy city below, "I think I overstayed Starling's welcome."

"But what about us? What about you and Oliver?" She asks making me smile slightly at the sound of his name.

"Oliver Queen will be fine without me." I say barely above a whisper, enjoying the sense of peace around us.

Peace. Something I haven't had in a while.

"I don't think he will." She says making me sigh.

"Well...there is only so many places I can travel before Osiris returns. So if he shows back up, you can be sure as hell I'll be back." I assure.

"Is this good bye?" She asks, her voice cracking slightly. I'm now noticing her tear stained face and reddish eyes...was she crying?

Crying because of me? Because I 'died'?

I'll give into this cliché and I'll say it.

"Yes, for now..." I start to walk past her, but I pause at the door way and turn my head slightly.

"Don't miss me too much."