Chapter 19 ↣

Osiris laughs in my face causing me to become slightly discouraged.

"A party? You hate parties!" He shouts through heaves of laughter, even his guards start laughing just to emphasize the point of how stupid this question was.

"But you don't!" I point out, raising my voice slightly so he can hear me.

The room silences and his eyes narrow at me, "Since when did you care about what I liked?"

I shrug and play it off smoothly, "I don't, I just figured since Christmas was coming up-"

"You aren't even Catholic, Akiko." He points out while interrupting me.

I cross my arms over my chest, "So? A bunch of people who don't celebrate Christmas have parties. Besides, if you still want your job at Queen Consolidated, you can invite Moira Queen, the head of the corporation."

He turns away and checks what I'm guessing is his schedule, "Did you have a place in mind to host?"

"I relocated to a pent house earlier in the month. We could perhaps host it there, unless you wish to have it at your mansion-"

"No no. The pent house will do. Write up a guest list, prepare it, and the party shall be next Friday, the twenty-third." He slams closed a book and turns back around to me still standing with my arms crossed.

"Why the hell aren't you leaving?" He asks.

"My pay, for the last four." I say stubbornly.

He pulls out a few stacks of hundreds and tosses them at me. "Forty thousand. Now leave."

I flash a quick smirk before turning around and making my way out of the building.

I press my finger against my ear to hear them back at the blanket fort, "Did you get that?"

"Ten thousand a piece? Jesus I don't suppose you have a trust fund as well." Felicity says making me shake my head slightly.

"A trust fund has a paper trail, Felicity, Osiris doesn't do paper trails." I say calmly.

"We have a week to come up with a plan. What do you got, Alex?" I hear Diggle say.

"A small idea." I walk down an alley and pick up my black duffle bag, "Ever heard of the jagdkommando tri-dagger?"

The piece is silent except for Felicity's keyboard's clicks.

"That thing's illegal, even in wars." Felicity says softly.

"Yeah but do you know what it can puncture through?" I ask smiling as I make my way towards the very end of the alley way.

"Kevlar?"

"Bingo, and do you know who owns one?" I ask again, my smile just widening.

"Please don't say you have one of these..."

"I don't. But I know someone who does."

"Alex, is your plan to stab him? Get him drunk, then stab him?" Diggle asks making me laugh slightly.

"No of course not. My plan is to buy one, then create arrow tips in its likeness. And maybe stab him, but that's plan C." I lean against the back wall, waiting.