Chapter 11 ↣

How did I end up here? On a train. It's raining...it's always raining in Chicago. I think I'm from Chicago... It's beautiful in Illinois. Am I in Illinois? I loved it up there.
Where am I? Why am I still here...and breathing? No one else is.
Let me out! Get me off this metal death bed! Get me off! Please! Let me feel the rain against my skin! I want to go home... Home.

"Alex?" Felicity asks softly. I turn my head from the window and smile at her.

"Yes?" I ask matching her tone.

"You're crying...are you okay?" My hand touches my face and I feel the liquid against my skin.

I smile sadly, "I was just thinking...you know?"

She matches my solemn smile, "Yeah...I do."

"I...I know I haven't given you much to trust or anything, hell, I turned down going and getting a cup of coffee because I'm just...scared." I sigh looking down at my feet before laughing a sad laugh, "I have a fear of getting attached to people. I don't want anyone around me to get hurt."

"But you still stood around Osiris Richards." She says, probably questioning why.

"Siris...I- I.... He took everything from me." I whisper, tears threatening to fall.

"What do you mean?" She places her hands over mine, trying to 'reassure' me or something.

I let out a shaky laugh that just further proves my insanity, "He-He k-killed everyone I've ever had a relationship with..."

Her face turns from concern to terrified in a matter of seconds. "Oh my lord Alex...I- I'm sorry. I'm so sorry. Oh my god we probably seemed so insensitive prying at you."

I turn and hug her. A true embrace. Not a short one to show that I care, but one that shows true gratitude. "Thank you." I whisper.

"For what?" She asks returning my hug.

"For showing me for the first time in seven years what it is like to have people that you can smile with and laugh with a-and.." I stop talking when I realize she is crying.

"Does Oliver know?" She asks pulling away.

"N-no, he hasn't told me anything...and all he has been doing is pressing me...plus last thing I want is pity. So Felicity you have to promise me something." I pull out a few tissues for her and she takes them gratefully.

"Y-yeah...?"

"That you call me by my real name...Akiko." I say making her start to cry again.

"Alright." She says smiling and making me smile.

For the first time in seven years...I have a friend.

~~~~

Felicity has to actually drag me up to the building and cover my mouth because for the last twenty minutes of our ride here I've been rambling off facts and theories about STAR Labs and the Particle Accelerator.

When we get inside the building we are met with Dr. Harrison Wells, who is wheel chair bound.

"Ms. Smoak, it's nice to see you again. And I noticed you brought a friend." He says nodding to me.