Chapter 21 ↣

I take a sip of champagne while watching the party draw out.

"Definitely not suspicious you just standing up on the banister eying the guests." Diggle says sarcastically into the mic in my ear.

I smirk slightly and look at his position towards the west end of the house where he is looking up at me.

"It's what Siris expects me to do- and I'm not exactly the most socially acceptable person. 'Hi my name is Alexandrea- but that's not my actual name, it's a fake name because everyone I knew got killed by my dad- how are you enjoying the party?'" I say sarcastically under my breath.

I hear several sighs, stifled laughs, and I watch Diggle roll his eyes and look away.

I watch closely with narrowed eyes as Osiris walks across the room to greet someone.

This is it. Today. Tonight. In just hours- minutes- seconds...he'll be dead.

Is this revenge? Maybe...

Revenge killing.

He killed my entire life when I was only 15- forced me to killed people ever since, only now again using the kunai.

He deserves to die.

Does he?

Yes! He has killed numerous families, not just mine, countless others.

But isn't killing him stopping down to his level?

No, we aren't killing families of people....oh.

Oh.

We are killing the last of my family.

The last person in this bloodline next to me.

But I'll probably die.

...eventually.

But it'll stop him.

But it won't bring anyone back.

Not my mom, not my sister, not any of my brothers, no one. None of them.

There gone.

Forever.

"Well you seem deep in thought." A male voice says from behind me.

I furrow my eyes and turn around to this unfamiliar man. "Excuse me?"

"I mean, I don't mean to pry, but what is a young woman doing up here all alone at a party like this?" He says in a sort of voice that I can't predict the motive of.

I scan his face, early 40s late 30s, muscular- but I could over power him- fairly tall, at least 6', estimated weight would be 180-220. Clean shaven- and no signs of any scars from knicks or anything, skilled with a razor or knife? A few stray gray hairs- stress induced maybe? Tailored and pressed suit, shined shoes, cufflinks- most likely fathers- he is a business man.

"Making sure nothing breaks." I say after a few moments.

"Why is Merlyn here?" I can hear Oliver his through the ear piece.

Merlyn- Merlyn Global! Oh Osiris wanted to partner with him. Yes I remember him from the guest list.

He raises his eyebrows curiously, "Why are you the maid?"

I laugh slightly and glance away, "Sure."

"Just a warning, he might know about you and Osiris." Felicity says making my face fall slightly- and Mr. Merlyn takes notice of this very quickly.