Chapter 4 ↣

I wake up with a drumming sound in my ears, a fire in my arm, and what feels like twenty needles in my head.

All of course are non existent, just side affects of the chloroform, and probably the concussion I have.

I try sitting up only to fail in several different ways. My shoulder is put in a 100x more painful position, the drumming headache grows louder, and someone pushes me back down.

And I'm not arguing.

"I hope your happy, he had to be put on an IV and had several stitches." That's the kid in red...right?

I open my eyes slightly and smirk, "I did not mean to do that much damage, but to be fair, I though one of you saw me slip it into my hair."

He walks over to me and glares through his mask, "I would start talking, because you don't want him to be asking the questions after you stabbed him."

"Is that a no strings attached threat?" I ask.

"Your right, you are insane." He scoffs walking a bit away from my still body.

"Well I do have depression, anorexia, schizophrenia, bipolar disorder, and anxiety...to name a few." I list off, successfully sitting up without him pushing me back down.

"Well, only to name a few." He repeats sarcastically.

"Yes the others are long scientific and frankly, I don't give a shit about." I meet his sarcasm to his surprise.

I place my hand on my shoulder and wince, "Well thankfully you only punctured my deltoid, and after a few weeks I should be fine."

"Your welcome?"

"May I ask you a question? It has nothing to do with where I am, who your secret identity is, who the other guys is, or what you want with me." I reassure.

"Only one." He says begrudgingly.

"What should I call you and the green one? Because I've been referring to you and him as green and red to myself."

He looks at me surprised, "Arsenal and the Arrow."

"A&A. Got it." I nod.

"And what should we call you in this get up?" He jokes.

"Kitsune." I say not sharing the emotion.

"I don't speak Chinese." He says.

"It's not Chinese." He's back, back again.

"Welcome home Mr. Arrow." I say smiling.

"You call yourself fox, why?" He presses.

I sit on my feet and pull the several knives from my pockets. "These are called kunai, they were originally used as farming tools for peasants, so they were cheap to buy, and easy to sharpen."

"You're Japanese?" Arsenal questions.

"Genetically, no. My parents were." I say a bit annoyed to be interrupted.

"So you were adopted. And that's why you don't have any know family members-"

I interrupt him by throwing a knife that lands perfectly above me in the ceiling. Ignore the cry of help that followed me doing that because by instinct I used my right arm, that has an ARROW HOLE IN IT!

The both draw back their bows.

"You want to know why I kill, that's why I'm here, then you want to know my employer, and finally you want to know where to find Osiris Richards. And later you will ask about my real name, who I am, who my parents were, and what brought me to Starling. Am I correct?" They both stay silent.

I swipe up two knives and throw them at their bows, breaking the draw string.

"Am. I. Correct?" I ask again, standing up.

"Well if you know the questions, then give us the answers." Arsenal snaps.

"I can replace the string." I say quickly, realizing what my anger made me do. I stand and put my hands up.

"Answer the questions!" The Arrow booms, I draw back slightly, ignoring the strike of pain that got sent through my head. Concussion.

"I kill so I can die. I don't know who my employer is, all I get is the slip of paper and the money. I don't know where he lives, we've always just met up somewhere or he's come to my, now destroyed, home." I say honestly.

"And why should I believe any of that?" The Arrow asks.

"The same reason people believe in God, because they think it's true."

"What about the other questions?" Arsenal asks. Everyone is asking me questions.

"Like I said later, you'll ask me those questions." I say with a shrug, that turns into me being tense in the matter of seconds.

The Arrow grabs my shoulder and pushes it back, ripping the wound open more.

"I'm asking them NOW!" He booms in my face.

I feel the urge to scream, the need to, but nothing comes out. My own body is rebelling against something that I could easily say.

I open my mouth but nothing comes out, nothing. No whimpers or pleads. No mumbling in cohesive words. Just me staring at him, mouth slightly a gap, and my entire body fighting against him. I can't even feel what must be incomprehensible pain in my arm right now.

I can see his lips yell more words at me, but all I can hear is my own heart beat. Maybe it's because of my concussion?

Then realization flashes onto my face.

"Your mask..only..covers..25%..of...your.. face."

He lets go of my shoulder, and all of the pain I should have been feeling for forty-five seconds, hits me in one second.

I let out a glass breaking scream, followed by cursing in several different languages, and tears falling out of the corners of my eyes.

"Holy shit fuck what the hell just fucking happened for hells sake what in gods fucking earth gave you the bright idea to put a shit ton of fucking pressure on my fucking arm you dumbass!" I yell kicking the nearest object in my vicinity, which happened to be a brick pillar.

They stare at me in an almost comical way before I lean against the wall breathing heavily, "Don't you fucking dare do that again or I'll-"

"You'll what?" Arsenal asks not threatened.

"Fine, do that again, and we'll see what gets kicked next. You guys wear cups right?" I say through my clenched teeth.

The Arrow turns to leave.

"Hey!" I shout out to him. He stops and turns his head around slightly. "Get me some cyanide and Osiris Richards off my ass, then I'll stop killing people."

"Deal." He answers before the lights shut out.

I don't think that was suppose to happen.